Anyone hear strange sound's latey?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Anyone hear strange sound's latey?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Reactionary wrote:See?! Some of the chemicals probably entered through the ventilation, windows or whatever you keep open in the plane while flying! :pound:
You may be right! That particular plane had a ventilation opening at the base of the vertical stabilizer (the tail fin). I'm so accustomed to the poisonous chemicals in chemtrails that they don't affect me anymore! :twisted:

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Reactionary
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:You may be right! That particular plane had a ventilation opening at the base of the vertical stabilizer (the tail fin). I'm so accustomed to the poisonous chemicals in chemtrails that they don't affect me anymore! :twisted:
Or maybe, you have a vaccine, an antidote, or something else that makes you immune to the "poisons". :mrgreen:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Reactionary wrote: Or maybe, you have a vaccine, an antidote, or something else that makes you immune to the "poisons". :mrgreen:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! who told you the secret???

Anonymous :bag:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

I thought I'd bring back this discussion on chemtrails/contrails.

I was wondering...are ghosts a manifestation of chemtrails at ground level?

FL 8-}2

+ + +

+ + +
PeteSinCA
Valued Member

Post by PeteSinCA »

Chemtrails are legumous bogeyman exhaust.
Soapy Pete's Box

So I'll stand // With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One Who gave it all - The Stand, Hillsong United

"To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give.
To show us the reason to live."
"We Are the Reason" by David Meece

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
'Cause I've got a Mansion Builder
Who ain't through with me yet" - 2nd Chapter of Acts
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

I thought the trails following jets was condensation forming from the heat of the exhaust, what evidence is there that there's ominous chemicals in them? The trails you see in the sky aren't pollution coming from the jet, its water vapor thats already in the atmosphere. Unless...thats what the powers that be WANT me to think. :esurprised:

If there were chemicals in them, are the airline companies just a-okay with some government agent coming by and saying "we need to significantly alter the architecture of your jets so they spew chemicals, don't worry about it"? Or are Delta and US Airways the evil masterminds behind the whole thing?
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
FlawedIntellect
Established Member

Post by FlawedIntellect »

Does anyone remember that dihydrogen monoxide hoax? (Off-topic, sorry.)
PeteSinCA
Valued Member

Post by PeteSinCA »

Combustion of jet fuel does produce water vapor. But contrails also predate the usage of jet engines. An account in The Big E of the WW2 air battle, the "Marianas Turkey Shoot", describes contrails being formed from the wingtips of USN F6F Hellcats during tight maneuvers at high altitude. F6Fs were prop-engine fighters.
Soapy Pete's Box

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

PeteSinCA wrote:Combustion of jet fuel does produce water vapor. But contrails also predate the usage of jet engines. An account in The Big E of the WW2 air battle, the "Marianas Turkey Shoot", describes contrails being formed from the wingtips of USN F6F Hellcats during tight maneuvers at high altitude. F6Fs were prop-engine fighters.
Just blame it on climate change and all is well or blame it of all the cows, horses, pigs and all the gaseous methane vapor they release... Be sure to include the squirrels as they are all in rebellion against the greedy capitalist west and won't stop until the Western World stops creating climate change...

Wow, that would make a great Hollywood movie!

Question though - since I can remember and look through the findings on ancient climate trapped in the frozen Ice in glaciers - when has climate never changed? y:-? y:-?

Oh those cows are at it again!!!

:mrgreen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

B. W. wrote:Question though - since I can remember and look through the findings on ancient climate trapped in the frozen Ice in glaciers - when has climate never changed?
The climate always changes, I think it is the increased rate of change that is the worry.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

It's the both the rate of increase and how much higher the average temperature of the planet is than "where it should be" given it's past patterns. This increase correlates very well with the rising amount of greenhouse gases that have been introduced since the industrial revolution.

Plus the interaction between the sun's infrared rays and molecules of greenhouse gases is well understood, carbon dioxide is only one of the mildest of them (though it's the most plentiful). Long story short, mankind's influence on climate change is not a hoax, and the common rebuttals against it are basically always founded on ignorance.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:It's the both the rate of increase and how much higher the average temperature of the planet is than "where it should be" given it's past patterns. This increase correlates very well with the rising amount of greenhouse gases that have been introduced since the industrial revolution.

Plus the interaction between the sun's infrared rays and molecules of greenhouse gases is well understood, carbon dioxide is only one of the mildest of them (though it's the most plentiful). Long story short, mankind's influence on climate change is not a hoax, and the common rebuttals against it are basically always founded on ignorance.
So anyone who studies climate change and comes to the conclusion that mankind doesn't have any significant impact on the changing climate of the earth, doesn't really know what they're talking about?

Got it! :lol:

Seraph, did you say your real name is Al Gore? :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

If they're being intellectually honest, kinda yeah. Sorry. Even the GodandScience page on climate change expresses this idea.

Whenever I hear someone say that humanity doesn't have effect on the climate, it's always something like "well then why's it colder this year than it was last year?" or something along those lines. The scientific consensus is overwhelmingly in favor that humanity does have an impact. Skeptics usually seem to be relying on personal opinion or "original research".

Or it's a republican politician, who SURELY wouldn't be influenced by a wealthy company whose best interests conflict with reducing emissions. No sir.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Strange sounds lately?

A Squirrel burp...

Isn't that strange enough?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pmz7Vw7IRI[/youtube]
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
PeteSinCA
Valued Member

Post by PeteSinCA »

Seraph wrote:Long story short, mankind's influence on climate change is not a hoax, and the common rebuttals against it are basically always founded on ignorance.
I don't travel much in Global-Warming Skeptics circles, so I had to nose around a bit to find some names of a few notable G-W Skeptics:

S. Fred Singer

Patrick J. Michaels

Joe Bastardi (I hope this doesn't trigger a foul language filter)

The "always founded on ignorance" line doesn't really work with them, as you'll see if you check their bios. Now as for Al Gore, the face and mouth of Global Warming advocacy:

Al Gore

He has a BA from Harvard, no major noted in the article. After serving in Vietnam, he attended, but did not graduate from, Vanderbilt University Divinity School and Vanderbilt University School of Law. A Harvard BA is nothing to sneer at, but "founded on ignorance" seems a better fit for Mr. Gore than for Singer, Michaels and Bastardi.

Of course, you could take refuge in the well-poisoning argument that G-W Skeptics who do have the relevant education backgrounds have been bought off by some Warmistas' enviro-bogeyman, but as you can see, that argument may not be well received.

Personally, I have an AS degree from De Vry, so I have no credentials. But over the past 4 or 5 decades I've seen enough wackiness - at least one has an ongoing huge human death toll - from the enviros to be reflexively skeptical of their every cause-of-the-year (or -decade).
Soapy Pete's Box

"So why should I worry?
Why should I fret?