Keep an eye on Iran..

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Keep an eye on Iran..

Post by Stu »

Could Iran possibly be the spark that kick-starts the beginning of the end?

Now I'm not an expert on end times, but I do know that there is supposed to be a war (WWIII ?)at some point that will have a devastating effect on the human population. Is this after the anti-christ comes into power?

Surely Israel will not allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons, in which case at some point they will target Iran's nuclear facilities.
Will Iran strike back?

If so, will it be all out war. Will sides be taken, and attempts to assist Iran, meaning the entrance of America in the war.

Now this all hinges on whether or not Iran will be stubborn enough to go ahead with the development of nuclear capabilities. But of course we are not dealing with logical rational individuals here, so the answer, from my point of view anyway, would be yes they will continue on their path to nuclear capability.

Of course on the other hand the Iran / Israel could (hopefully) just end in a whimper.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Re: Keep an eye on Iran..

Post by Silvertusk »

Well check this article out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16674660

China is the biggest export of Iran for its oil. I do wonder how big the Chinese army is - 200 Million prehaps?

Silvertusk.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Actually looking at these figures they certainly have enough people.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/ch.html

Scary.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Stu wrote:Could Iran possibly be the spark that kick-starts the beginning of the end?

Now I'm not an expert on end times, but I do know that there is supposed to be a war (WWIII ?)at some point that will have a devastating effect on the human population. Is this after the anti-christ comes into power?

Surely Israel will not allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons, in which case at some point they will target Iran's nuclear facilities.
Will Iran strike back?

If so, will it be all out war. Will sides be taken, and attempts to assist Iran, meaning the entrance of America in the war.

Now this all hinges on whether or not Iran will be stubborn enough to go ahead with the development of nuclear capabilities. But of course we are not dealing with logical rational individuals here, so the answer, from my point of view anyway, would be yes they will continue on their path to nuclear capability.

Of course on the other hand the Iran / Israel could (hopefully) just end in a whimper.
Perhaps the start of a series of wars.... But not THE war.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Silvertusk wrote:Well check this article out.

I do wonder how big the Chinese army is - 200 Million prehaps?

Silvertusk.
It's around 2 million actually.

In a time on national invasion they could probably come up with around 10 million trained fighting men if they really needed too. But a thing to remember is that would cost them unbelivable amunts of money to have and maintain an army around 10 million, better yet 20 million. 200 million is rediculous. Guns, ammunition, food, clothing, training, water, rucksacks. Not to mention to maintain a army of 200 million you need to have other area's of operation not strickley infantry. So on top of the other costs your talking about 500,000 million tanks, thats trillions of dollars (around 15), then armored personal carriers probably around 2 million of those and another couple trillion ect.. 200 million is a impossible army for any country in this point in time. Military isnt cheap. (e-mailed rich deem this a while back and I think he changed the number on that one article he wrote)

The entire world has around 25 million fighting men to give you idea
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte