Rapture anti-Semitic

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
1harpazo
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Rapture anti-Semitic

Post by 1harpazo »

Gman wrote:
1harpazo wrote:
That's a pretty heady statement. Who's right you or Luke (Luke 1:6)?
No one is justified by following G-d's ways.. Only Yeshua could fulfill it.
No one NOW is justified by keeping God's commandments and requirements. Jesus offered one sin sacrifice-not for Himself, for us. Prior to His death, people could keep God's commandments and if they broke a commandment, they could keep His requirements by offering the appropriate sacrifice. Hence Zacharias and Elizabeth "were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord." (Luke 1:6 NASU) Two different covenants.

Gman wrote:
1harpazo wrote:
Hate to be a nag, but where is Jesus going to "guide" all the believers before He pours out His wrath on the entire Earth?
The way He has always done it.. Using sukkahs.
I don't know what "sukkahs" are. You're "speaking in tongues". I need an interpretation. :ewink:

Gaman wrote:
1harpazo wrote:After re-reading your posts in this thread, Gman, it seems as though you answered as though a Jew would. Is that the case?
Not really sure what you mean here. Again, the event will happen, but not how you may understand it..
I meant that by the words that you use, "G-d, Yeshua, sukkahs" and your posts, that it seems that you are coming from a Jewish perspective. I wasn't trying to be offensive. If I offended you, I apologize.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Rapture anti-Semitic

Post by Gman »

1harpazo wrote: No one NOW is justified by keeping God's commandments and requirements. Jesus offered one sin sacrifice-not for Himself, for us. Prior to His death, people could keep God's commandments and if they broke a commandment, they could keep His requirements by offering the appropriate sacrifice. Hence Zacharias and Elizabeth "were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord." (Luke 1:6 NASU) Two different covenants.
No... That is not correct. The covenants are exactly the same as they were in the OT times. They were justified by faith the same as it is today. Not by works.. Not one could be justified by keeping the mitzvot.

The old testament are G-d's paths, the New Covenant or renewed-covenant is how to apply it. The renewed covenant does not cancel the previous one.
1harpazo wrote:
I don't know what "sukkahs" are. You're "speaking in tongues". I need an interpretation. :ewink:
Places of refuge...
1harpazo wrote:I meant that by the words that you use, "G-d, Yeshua, sukkahs" and your posts, that it seems that you are coming from a Jewish perspective. I wasn't trying to be offensive. If I offended you, I apologize.
No need to. If we call ourselves Christians then we will always have a Jewish perspective. In fact the entire Bible was written by Jews. Can't escape it..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8