Daniel 2 Statue

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Daniel 2 Statue

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

My friend and I had bible study a few Sundays ago, and we discussed the statue described in Daniel 2 that was a conglomeration of many different metals.

Here's a link to a visual aid:
http://rev14ver12.tripod.com/3AngelsIma ... aniel2.gif

The prophecy is quite interesting and seems to have been fulfilled up to the point of the "Divided Kingdoms". The next step seems to be the coming of Christ's kingdom. However, the last empire cited is that of the Romans. How can the prophecy account for the Ottoman Empire?

If anyone has any explanations on how the Ottoman Empire fits in with the prophecy and anymore clarification on the prophecy in general, it would be much appreciated.

God bless,
Rachel
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Daniel 2 Statue

Post by jlay »

not saying this is the answer, but they do deal with the question.

http://focusonjerusalem.com/theidentityofthe7.html
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Why name the ottomans, many empires lasted after the ottoman empire broke up ( Japanese, British, French, Italian), and america today still probably qualifies as one.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member

In my gen ed Western Civilization class, I remember my teacher saying something like the Ottoman Empire was arguably one of the greatest the world has seen. I don't know how valid that claim is because I haven't done much research on other empires besides the Romans.

But back to the discussion of the "Divided Kingdoms": if there were empires that were greater than that of the Romans after the Roman Empire dissolved, then isn't the prophecy, or how it is interpreted now, refuted?
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I'd say america is the new rome :shock:

Worlds most powerful military, top economy, territories throughout, military presence in every region, ocean, and sea in the world. Ottomans never had the kind of influence we have. I would strongly argue that the U.S is much more powerful than the ottomans, and about equal to the Romans in both size and strength.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member

Hmmm... I suppose you're right. Didn't even think about that. Then maybe the prophecy has yet to get to the point of the Divided Kingdoms?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:My friend and I had bible study a few Sundays ago, and we discussed the statue described in Daniel 2 that was a conglomeration of many different metals.

The prophecy is quite interesting and seems to have been fulfilled up to the point of the "Divided Kingdoms". The next step seems to be the coming of Christ's kingdom. However, the last empire cited is that of the Romans. How can the prophecy account for the Ottoman Empire?

If anyone has any explanations on how the Ottoman Empire fits in with the prophecy and anymore clarification on the prophecy in general, it would be much appreciated.

God bless,
Rachel
Some references in Daniel 11:40-45 and Revelation 9:14-21

The details are hidden in symbols that the wicked (including many professors of religion) cannot find out.Daniel 12:10

Note the time reference of their reign in Rev 9:15, (caution use KJV Bible) if you convert it from days to years it is 391 years and fifteen days. From 27th July 1449 to 11th August 1840.

These prophecies can only be understood by students who have an overall knowledge of all scripture. But you can fast forward by asking Jesus Christ to help you as you read, and He will definitely make sure that the info comes to you through other sources and people He has chosen. Not by me. The evidence of this leading is proof of God's guidance. This applies to anyone who makes an honest inquiry.

Note Daniel 11:40 it is the king of the north. Which political power that once reigned, has the temple of its religion in Jerusalem in the "holy mountain"? Islam. Started by the Mohammedans and carried on by the Ottoman empire.
Verse 45, when this comes to an end, because it has no more support, Daniel 12:1 takes place.

The temple in Jerusalem is on grounds once claimed by Turkey the capitol of the Ottoman empire, the political backbone of Islam. But all its political support is systematically ending.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:My friend and I had bible study a few Sundays ago, and we discussed the statue described in Daniel 2 that was a conglomeration of many different metals.

God bless,
Rachel
Here's a video that deals with the statue in detail.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQjYqk_mI8[/youtube]
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Its interesting that the Mohammedans reigned from July the 27th 1299 to 1499, which is 150 years. Rev 9:5.
5 months is 30 days X 5 = 150 days / years.

They are described as coming out of the bottomless pit, like locusts, which the Bible says "have no king" Proverbs 30:27.
But these still have crowns, every man a king in his own harem or tribe.

The beast that arises for a short time after the Papacy came to an end, is also described as coming out of the bottomless pit, the French revolution in the 1790's got rid of the crowns, and acted like it had no leadership, except the maddened throngs.

The last beast in Rev 17, also comes from the same place - darkness, chaos, no crowns. Is it a revolution of some sort?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

The red beast could be religious, because it is full of names of blasphemy Rev 17:3. Blasphemy is defined by the Bible as someone who takes on God's name wrongfully or undeservedly. The Pharisees accused Christ of blasphemy when He implied that He was God.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

From everything I have read and studied about the statue in Daniel we are still in the feet mixed with iron and clay period where we have in the east - communism,islam,etc -IRON and in the west - freedom,democracy,Christianity -Clay and they don't mix well the ten toes will come in the future and this is backed up by the scarlet colored beast that has ten horns in Revelation 17 but John gives us more detail about things that happen before the ten toes or ten horns.

First comes the revised roman empire,one world government,NWO,etc that must continue a short space then the anti-Christ and false prophet take it over and the anti-Christ appoints ten kings in one hour to be under him and control them ten sections- the earth will be divided up into ten sections with ten kings appointed by the anti-Christ in one hour to rule over them and they turn it into the mark of the beast system which will be the ten toes on the statue in Daniel.

So we need to see a one world government however since we have two feet we may need to think about countries uniting in the east as a federation and countries in the west uniting as a federation but being separate and against each other until the ten toes come instead of a one world government but even this comes before the mark of the beast system.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

I agree with the analogies, what you have pointed out is interesting.
In regards to the statue and the legs etc. Daniel was told the interpretation of it, some of which you mentioned, but as far as the legs are concerned, there does not seem to be any reference from Daniel about that. I'm not saying that it is insignificant, but at least we can be certain about the other features like the iron and clay and the failed attempts to unify those differences.
I watched the video that Stu posted a few back, and a few others in that series, I found them quite compelling and have decided to buy the whole set to check them out.
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:If anyone has any explanations on how the Ottoman Empire fits in with the prophecy and anymore clarification on the prophecy in general, it would be much appreciated.
The answer can be found in what Daniel was told regarding another prophecy that was revealed to him.
“Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place.
(Daniel 9:24 ESV)
Old Testament prophecies all relate to the nation of Israel. Look at what happens at the end of the 69th week.
And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.
(Daniel 9:26 ESV)
Here we find the crucifixion of Christ and the destruction of Jerusalem. But after this there will be another week during which the Antichrist will make a treaty with Israel and then break it. The current church age, which began at Pentecost and will end at the rapture, simply isn't mentioned in prophecy. Here are some sites that can help you understand Bible prophecy better.

http://compellingtruth.org/truth_End.html

http://www.raptureforums.com/

http://raptureready.com/
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Stu,

Thanks for posting the video about the statue in Daniel it is a good teaching about it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.