End times prophecy checklist...

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: End times prophecy checklist...

Post by Mallz »

Byblos wrote: So you don't see a difference between the masses and a single person who was chosen by God from before creation?
How many Moseses are there? Elijahs? (unless thesign counts..) How many Adams and Eves? People are blessed and graced to be chosen for a special purpose. That purpose is to be honored to bring His ways to us. I don't see why we should venerate Mary over anyone else. Still doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't venerate her or any prophet over you, either. The glory is not theirs, it's His. And they are blessed/lucky to be honored by His use in a way that reaches the masses.

Like I said, to each his own. Unrighteousness is evidently also in the eye of the beholder. And I welcome honest discourse no matter the level of disagreement. That we'll both get refined, of that I have no doubt.
True, and I'm just expressing myself so can you learn me. I know I can come off offensive, so sorry about that. The questions I've asked in my previous posts were not rhetorical. It would help me out if you answered them. I'm curious about your opinion, too, EssentialSacrifice.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Mallz wrote:
Byblos wrote: So you don't see a difference between the masses and a single person who was chosen by God from before creation?
How many Moseses are there? Elijahs? (unless thesign counts..) How many Adams and Eves? People are blessed and graced to be chosen for a special purpose. That purpose is to be honored to bring His ways to us. I don't see why we should venerate Mary over anyone else. Still doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't venerate her or any prophet over you, either. The glory is not theirs, it's His. And they are blessed/lucky to be honored by His use in a way that reaches the masses.
They were all hand-picked by God, yes. What does that have to do with the subject? The narrow context I am addressing has to do with Mary's perpetual virginity. Clearly Moses and Elijah have nothing to do with that. The fact remains that Mary had the Son who is not Joseph's biological. If she had children by any other man it would make her an adulteress. Pure and simple.
Mallz wrote:
Like I said, to each his own. Unrighteousness is evidently also in the eye of the beholder. And I welcome honest discourse no matter the level of disagreement. That we'll both get refined, of that I have no doubt.
True, and I'm just expressing myself so can you learn me. I know I can come off offensive, so sorry about that. The questions I've asked in my previous posts were not rhetorical. It would help me out if you answered them. I'm curious about your opinion, too, EssentialSacrifice.
I would be more than happy to answer your questions, if Story doesn't object (since this is her thread). And I would need you to remind me what they are. :mrgreen:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Um, this isn't my thread :oops: I just kinda hijacked it.

Mine is the Catholicism questions thread.
I'd love to discuss this more with you and Mallz (and everyone else) though. Can we take itover to my thread?

I'm curious as to why you believe what you do and reading the debates is really helping me direct my faith.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Storyteller wrote:Um, this isn't my thread :oops: I just kinda hijacked it.

I'd love to discuss this more with you and Mallz (and everyone else) though. Can we take itover to my thread?

I'm curious as to why you believe what you do and reading the debates is really helping me direct my faith.
My fault, I mixed up the two threads, sorry. :oops:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Um, this isn't my thread :oops: I just kinda hijacked it.

Warning, subliminal message ahead!

Storyteller,

You are not Catholic. You are not Catholic. You are getting sleepy, very sleepy.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

:lalala:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote::lalala:
You do know that we're on a website, and you don't actually listen with your ears, right?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I can sing a rainbow..

Listen with your eyes and sing everything you hear...