2011 disasters

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

2011 disasters

Post by Gman »

Apparently 2011 is suppose to go down as one of the worst years for catastrophes as predicted by the prophets.. These modern day prophets are predicting more economic, natural disasters, and of course more wars... This is only the beginning of the troubles for this year.

Sorry for the bad news folks but now would be a good time to trust in Christ. Please take time to consider this...

If you want to confess Jesus Christ as Lord and savior, this is a great prayer that will get you there.

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

Blessings.. y@};-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: 2011 disasters

Post by Seraph »

If I may ask, who are these modern prophets and why do they seem trustworthy?
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

I would advise caution. No one knows the day of the Lords coming and people have been predicting disasters every year for centuries. And disasters have been happening every year. Also we are getting a lot better at reporting stuff - with 24 hour news report, satelite feeds,advanced media technology, we are being fed more images and video footage. So it only looks like there are more disasters.

Anytime is a good time to come to Jesus.

Silvertusk.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Looks like the 4 Nuclear Reactors in one Japanese Power Planet have gone. The Japanese’s PM on TV announced all 60 workers have been removed from the plant and thus there is no one inside cooling these 4 reactors or containment ponds – there is fire as well…

I have one word - Sh*t
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Seraph wrote:If I may ask, who are these modern prophets and why do they seem trustworthy?
I local Messianic Rabbi here in town...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Silvertusk wrote:I would advise caution. No one knows the day of the Lords coming and people have been predicting disasters every year for centuries. And disasters have been happening every year. Also we are getting a lot better at reporting stuff - with 24 hour news report, satelite feeds,advanced media technology, we are being fed more images and video footage. So it only looks like there are more disasters.

Anytime is a good time to come to Jesus.

Silvertusk.
Correct.. No one knows when Christ will return. However, that doesn't mean we should not be sensitive to His word or the future prophetic events either.

I don't mean to scare anyone but I would only advise caution here.. Not calamity. Ultimately we don't know.. Be we need to be alert too.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Almost forgot these ones.

Tornadoes and Storms Tear Through South; at Least 292 Dead. April 28, 2011..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornadoes-stor ... d=13474955

Coalition targets Gadhafi compound March 20, 201.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-20/worl ... s=PM:WORLD

Apparently there will be another earthquake in America soon also.. Keep your seatbelts on. ;)

Now why did I remodel my bathroom again? Dumb.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I agree, we should be careful, btw my personal experience is, most of the time is it just wishful thinking or active imagination.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Apparently there will be another earthquake in America soon also.. Keep your seatbelts on.

I see your point Gman but there will probably was another earthquake in my area too and I know it because it is on a seismic belt ;) . I'm not convinced by "prophets" who claim to know such disasters and could never accurately tell anything about, terrorism, major world events which occur out of the blue. It is always about events that may very well be expected.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

With the increase of population all over the world, there will be an increase of deaths during any natural disaster.
With the increase ability of reporting on events we will be exposed to far more disasters than ever before.
Does that mean there are MORE of them?
Well, more compared to what? compared to when?
The fact that there are more people living right now than there has ever been ( and according to some there are more people living right now than there are dead people since the beginning of humanity), it is a good sign that people are living longer, procreating better, then ever before.
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Kenzel »

It seems like the nuclear crisis in Fukishima isn't going to be easy to fix either. The radiation from Chernobyl spread throughout the world, and this is far worse. So I guess the prophets were dead-on about the disasters..
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

PaulSacramento wrote:With the increase of population all over the world, there will be an increase of deaths during any natural disaster.
With the increase ability of reporting on events we will be exposed to far more disasters than ever before.
Take a look at the recent wars in the middle east... The fires in Texas... The floods in Australia and the U.S.. Climate change. Again as I have spoken before, we should be aware of such things as it "could" relate to the coming of Christ. Or have we become so numb that it would literally take an asteroid to land on our heads to get our attention.
PaulSacramento wrote:The fact that there are more people living right now than there has ever been ( and according to some there are more people living right now than there are dead people since the beginning of humanity), it is a good sign that people are living longer, procreating better, then ever before.
Compared to what? compared to when?

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:
Apparently there will be another earthquake in America soon also.. Keep your seatbelts on.

I see your point Gman but there will probably was another earthquake in my area too and I know it because it is on a seismic belt ;) . I'm not convinced by "prophets" who claim to know such disasters and could never accurately tell anything about, terrorism, major world events which occur out of the blue. It is always about events that may very well be expected.
I guess we will find out later...

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

by Gman » Tue May 10, 2011 8:44 am

neo-x wrote:

I see your point Gman but there will probably was another earthquake in my area too and I know it because it is on a seismic belt . I'm not convinced by "prophets" who claim to know such disasters and could never accurately tell anything about, terrorism, major world events which occur out of the blue. It is always about events that may very well be expected.

I guess we will find out later...
btw, i didn't mean there are no prophets. God surely tells his people whats he up to, just saying I have seen quite a lot of fake, so not getting my hopes high, you know. ;)

without.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Gman wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:With the increase of population all over the world, there will be an increase of deaths during any natural disaster.
Take a look at the recent wars in the middle east... The fires in Texas... The floods in Australia and the U.S.. Climate change. Again as I have spoken before, we should be aware of such things as it "could" relate to the coming of Christ. Or have we become so numb that it would literally take an asteroid to land on our heads to get our attention.
PaulSacramento wrote:The fact that there are more people living right now than there has ever been ( and according to some there are more people living right now than there are dead people since the beginning of humanity), it is a good sign that people are living longer, procreating better, then ever before.
Compared to what? compared to when?
What did Jesus say when his disciples asked about his second coming?
In a nutshell: None of your business, LOL !
Do you know which was the worse earthquake in terms of deaths?
Shanxi China with an est of over 800K dead, in 1551.
Of the 14 worse earthquakes, 7 have happened in the 20th century and the rest before that.
Lets not read into natural occurences more than we shoudl or we run the risk of following into a "apocolyptic" mindset like the Jw's and others.

I not sure what you meant by compared to what? and compared to when?
In terms of recorded history people are procreating more, and living longer hence the close to 7 billion people on the planet.
Or did I not understand your question?