Revised eschatology question

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Revised eschatology question

Post by cubeus19 »

Here is a quick question on eschatology that pertains to one of my older threads. http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 13&t=34662 Since I know a bit more about the various views of eschatology now I guess I can reformulate my original concern from that thread. Which is, if the world and humanity were to end in a way that contradicts the views of a rapture, one world government, antichrist, Armageddon, and so on it wouldn't disprove Christianity but would only show that the eschatological view of futurism is false correct? If per se humanity were to get wiped out due to a asteroid, mass starvation, climate change, or any other odd ball scenario it would only disprove futurism and not Christianity all together correct? If that were to happen we would have doctrines such as idealism, historicism and preterism to fall back on right? Let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.