Theory on the Ant-Christ

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
User avatar
Rascus
Acquainted Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Rascus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Been reading about the Endtimes for awhile and over the years my thoughts and interpretations on them have changed as things progress on the worldy stage. Not certain of all, but I do feel that Rome and the Vatican will be players of a major role. Not certain of who the AntiChrist may be so on that I'll not comment, though I believe that he may be the one who will somehow allow the Temple to be rebuilt and the Jews may very well accept that he is the Messiah...that is until he changes his attitudes about halfway thru his reign or the Tribulation. As said these are only some thoughts which I have on the Endtimes and Im sure no prophet....just my own thoughts as I attempt to discern what I read and see transpiring...and somewhere that one world order,one world religion plays a definite role in the whole of it all. i am most surely open to any and all new idea on all of this though...and really would like to know who the AntiChrist will be...though I do believe he'll be of Jewish heritage.

Rascus

User avatar
Rascus
Acquainted Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Rascus » Sun May 15, 2011 11:24 am

secretfire6 wrote:real quick I wanted to say thank you to BW and puritan lad. I also just remembered and then re read this verse: Revelation 13:3 "and I saw one of it's heads as though slaughtered to death, but it's death-stroke got healed, and all the earth followed the wild beast with admiration." several other references are made to this beast having a mortal wound that was healed. what could this be? To me its saying that one of the kingdoms or regions that make up the beast is one that was thought to have been dead, but is broguht back to life. The verse before it mentions the beast having features of a lion (babylon), a bear (medo-persia) and a leopard (ancient Greece) but does not mention anything pertaining to Rome....hmmmm.



I just wonder whether this passage may have any relevance to the Anti-Christ...the one who had a deadly wound that was healed. I am of the belief that the Pope will be the Antichrist...it all seems to fall into place.

"Every criterion mentioned in the Bible is met by this first beast power. Now the Bible says that this beast would receive a deadly wound to its head. The Pope took over Rome and rose to power in 538 A.D. The Bible says he would have power for 1260 years which takes us to 1798. What happened in 1798? Precisely on time as prophesied in the Bible, in 1798 Napoleon’s General Berthier was sent down to Rome to kidnap the Pope and exiled and imprisoned him in France. Hover here for an article excerpt from page 3 of the London Times dated 12-3-1798. In 1799 the Pope got sick and died. The head of the Catholic Church was dead! This is the deadly wound to the head. For a while there was no head of the Roman Church. But the Bible says the deadly wound would be healed, and in 1800 they elected a new Pope and the healing of the deadly wound began."

secretfire6
Established Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:34 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby secretfire6 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Rascus wrote:
secretfire6 wrote:real quick I wanted to say thank you to BW and puritan lad. I also just remembered and then re read this verse: Revelation 13:3 "and I saw one of it's heads as though slaughtered to death, but it's death-stroke got healed, and all the earth followed the wild beast with admiration." several other references are made to this beast having a mortal wound that was healed. what could this be? To me its saying that one of the kingdoms or regions that make up the beast is one that was thought to have been dead, but is broguht back to life. The verse before it mentions the beast having features of a lion (babylon), a bear (medo-persia) and a leopard (ancient Greece) but does not mention anything pertaining to Rome....hmmmm.



I just wonder whether this passage may have any relevance to the Anti-Christ...the one who had a deadly wound that was healed. I am of the belief that the Pope will be the Antichrist...it all seems to fall into place.

"Every criterion mentioned in the Bible is met by this first beast power. Now the Bible says that this beast would receive a deadly wound to its head. The Pope took over Rome and rose to power in 538 A.D. The Bible says he would have power for 1260 years which takes us to 1798. What happened in 1798? Precisely on time as prophesied in the Bible, in 1798 Napoleon’s General Berthier was sent down to Rome to kidnap the Pope and exiled and imprisoned him in France. Hover here for an article excerpt from page 3 of the London Times dated 12-3-1798. In 1799 the Pope got sick and died. The head of the Catholic Church was dead! This is the deadly wound to the head. For a while there was no head of the Roman Church. But the Bible says the deadly wound would be healed, and in 1800 they elected a new Pope and the healing of the deadly wound began."

hmm its quite possible indeed that Roman catholicism will become one of the heads of the great beast from the sea..maybe in an attempt to revive the true ways of the old Roman empire. im still studying alot of that right now.

I don't see a Pope becomming the anti-christ for 2 reasons. first is that from the book of Daniel, we know that the figure of the antichrist is a horn that rises out of the head of the seven headed, ten horned beast which is made up of old Greece and Rome. That same horn rises out of the head of the he-goat (Greece) after the formation of the other 4 horns. This tells me that he will come from a territory that was under the control of both Rome and Greece. Vatican city would not fit this as Greece never conquered territiory that far west. Secondly it says that this final world leader will decieve the entire world, even some of the elect believers if they allow it. Since many of the Jewish folks are still waiting for the messiah in the first place, and must be decieved into believing this guy is that messiah, then I think it's highly likely that he will come from Israel and mimic much of the life of Jesus until he's gained enough influence and power. so he Rises from the earth (symbolic Israel), two small horns like a lamb, speaks as a dragon, EXERCISES ALL THE AUTHORITY OF THE FIRST BEAST, causes signs and miracles in the sight of men, causes them to worship the first beast, gives life to the image of the beast, causes all to take the mark.

this sounds like the anti-christ leader to me. Even though many people see this beast as just the false prophet, if you really read about the things it does, it is much more than just a religious system. later in scripture this beast is called "the wild beast of the earth" and when Babylon the great falls it is the ten kings (horns) that tear the city down and then because God put it in their thoughts, give their kingdoms over to the wild beast. then this wild beast leads its people into battle against christ at armegeddon. Now go back to Daniel where the little horn with eyes and a mouth speaking blasphemies uproots 3 of the horns that came before it and takes their place. apparently not all of those ten kings gave their kingdoms willingly. remember this verse? "The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven and is going to perdition" NKJ. so you end up with a beast of 7 heads, each head having its own horn and a final 8th horn ruling over the whole thing. I think the multiple references to him being at one time, but then gone and returning again means that he existed before, but was dead during John's time and maybe still now, but will be "ressurected"for his end times role.

of course i am still studying and learning and may evolve or completely change my understanding as it goes on :)

User avatar
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Contact:

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Murray » Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Atheist are anti-christ and anti-jew.
It honestly could be a "atheist" that brings the end of the world :P
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte

secretfire6
Established Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:34 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby secretfire6 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:02 am

haha possibly :) all i can say for sure is that it will be someone who wants to replace all religions and replace God. He will want everyone to believe he is the savior and that he is God.

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:34 am

secretfire6 wrote:haha possibly :) all i can say for sure is that it will be someone who wants to replace all religions and replace God. He will want everyone to believe he is the savior and that he is God.

Maybe it will be Stephen Hawking :pound:

hehe
Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3310
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Contact:

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby neo-x » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:44 am

secretfire6 wrote:
haha possibly all i can say for sure is that it will be someone who wants to replace all religions and replace God. He will want everyone to believe he is the savior and that he is God.

Maybe it will be Stephen Hawking

hehe
Daniel


:lol: I think dawkins will fit the bill too. y*-:)
People treat facts as relevant more when the facts tend to support their opinions. When the facts are against their opinions, they don't necessarily deny the facts, but they say the facts are less relevant or insignificant. This is ofcourse because believing things that make you feel comfortable, takes a priority. And I think that should not be the case if one is after truth.

http://johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
narnia4
Senior Member
Posts: 560
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby narnia4 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:22 pm

People consider themselves more evolved and sophisticated than past civilizations, but they are still quite willing to worship man. Remember what happened when Michael Jackson died? Incredibly hero worship, cult-like. Same with Elvis or the Beatles back in their day in certain crowds. Even a Bieber concert among some. Not even talking politics, but look at the praise and adoration for Obama before he did anything at all.

Looking at all those people, imagine a person who seemingly DID deserve all of that and more? There's no doubt in my mind that our culture today would easily fall for someone like that, just about everyone would.

I try to refrain from speculation about actual people though, somehow I don't feel it would work like that. Indeed, I haven't necessarily sorted out all of my eschatological views, really, although they tend to be traditional.
Young, Restless, Reformed

secretfire6
Established Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:34 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby secretfire6 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 am

i agree very much with you Narnia4. just imagining a human that is given power and authority by Satan himself..and how easily so many will fall for him. I think too many people imagine this figure being creepy and nasty and overly cruel, maybe with a patch over one eye, part android or something really obvious. I would think he would be seemingly peaceful, charismatic, a good speaker probably physically good looking..all the things that would make people attracted to him and believe him.

User avatar
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Contact:

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Murray » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:17 pm

secretfire6 wrote:i agree very much with you Narnia4. just imagining a human that is given power and authority by Satan himself..and how easily so many will fall for him. I think too many people imagine this figure being creepy and nasty and overly cruel, maybe with a patch over one eye, part android or something really obvious. I would think he would be seemingly peaceful, charismatic, a good speaker probably physically good looking..all the things that would make people attracted to him and believe him.



Lets not forget, demons are supposed to be extremely physically beautiful in human form.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3310
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Contact:

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby neo-x » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Lets not forget, demons are supposed to be extremely physically beautiful in human form.

y:-/ care to elaborate?
People treat facts as relevant more when the facts tend to support their opinions. When the facts are against their opinions, they don't necessarily deny the facts, but they say the facts are less relevant or insignificant. This is ofcourse because believing things that make you feel comfortable, takes a priority. And I think that should not be the case if one is after truth.

http://johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Contact:

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Murray » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:53 am

neo-x wrote:
Lets not forget, demons are supposed to be extremely physically beautiful in human form.

y:-/ care to elaborate?



when people who have actually been possessed (very rare), they claim when they see the demon leave their body, it is the most beautiful things they have ever seen. This goes for people who claim to have seen angels as well, and demons and angels are technacially the same thing if I remember correctly.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte

User avatar
Rob
Valued Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:26 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Murray wrote:when people who have actually been possessed (very rare), they claim when they see the demon leave their body, it is the most beautiful things they have ever seen. This goes for people who claim to have seen angels as well, and demons and angels are technacially the same thing if I remember correctly.


Hello!
Out of curiosity, do you have any sources to back up this claim? I've heard similar stories and also stories that are wildly different about them being ugly. My own experiences have led me to believe more of the latter. Or possibly a combination. (Beautiful at one point, but with an underlying uncleanliness that is unattractive.)
I'd be very interested to hear more on this. A new thread or PM might be more appropriate since we'd be pretty much derailing this thread, though!

User avatar
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Contact:

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby Murray » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Rob wrote:
Murray wrote:when people who have actually been possessed (very rare), they claim when they see the demon leave their body, it is the most beautiful things they have ever seen. This goes for people who claim to have seen angels as well, and demons and angels are technacially the same thing if I remember correctly.


Hello!
Out of curiosity, do you have any sources to back up this claim? I've heard similar stories and also stories that are wildly different about them being ugly. My own experiences have led me to believe more of the latter. Or possibly a combination. (Beautiful at one point, but with an underlying uncleanliness that is unattractive.)
I'd be very interested to hear more on this. A new thread or PM might be more appropriate since we'd be pretty much derailing this thread, though!


My source is from people I have talked to who "claim" to have been possessed.

But I do hear a variety of stories from people who claim to have seen angels and demons. Heck, one person who claimed to have seen an angel claimed the reason people draw angels with wings is because they are so bright and vibrant that the light comming from the looks like wings.

But im sure you can find some sources other than me for this view of demons. Demons come in all shapes, sizes, and appearances so my earleir statment about them being all beautiful is probably incorrect.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte

thesign
Established Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:38 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Theory on the Ant-Christ

Postby thesign » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:10 am

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's . . . it's Ant-Christ.

:eugeek: I can't decide if I like my abdomen or my thorax more.

Better stick to my head.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)


Return to “End Times”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest