I believe there was a discussion this before.. There is very strong evidence that the anti-Christ will be Muslim. But this is not conclusive either...
"In Shia and Sunni eschatology, the Mahdi is the prophesied redeemer of Islam who will stay on Earth for seven, nine or nineteen years (according to various interpretations) before the Day of Judgment (yawm al-qiyamah / literally, the Day of Resurrection) and, alongside Jesus, will rid the world of wrongdoing, injustice and tyranny. In Shia Islam, the belief in the Mahdi is a "powerful and central religious idea" and closely related to the Twelfth Imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi, whose return from occultation is deemed analagous with the coming of the Mahdi."
* The Mahdi will be a descendant of Muhammad of the line of Fatimah, He will be descendent by one side (by one of the parents) by Al Hassan and by another by Al Hussain.
* He will have the same name as Muhammad.
* He will be a fore-runner to Jesus' Messianic Rule.
* His coming will be accompanied by the raising of a Black Standard.
* His coming will be accompanied by the appearance of the Antichrist.
* There will be a lunar and solar eclipse within the same month of Ramadan.
* A star with a luminous tail will rise from the East before the coming of the Mahdi.
* He will establish the Caliphate.
* He will fill the world with justice and fairness at a time when the world will be filled with oppression.
* He will have a broad forehead, a prominent nose, and a natural mascara will ring his eyes. (Despite Momen's findings, these physical attributes appear only in Sunni Islam.)
Additional characteristics specific to the Mahdi in Shia Islam include:
* His face shall shine upon the surface of the Moon.
* The name of the Mahdi's representative will begin with the first-letter of a prophet's name and a verse of the Qur'an.
Case in point...
1. Muslims believe that Jesus was not the son of God thus fulfilling the anti-Christ requirements in 1 John 2:22-23, 1 John 4:3, 2 John 1:7. This information is confirmed in the Quran 19:34-35, Quran 112:1-4, nor do they believe Jesus was crucified, Quran 4:156.
2. Daniel 8:9 predicts that the anti-Christ's (Mahdi) strength will come out the Islamic states around Israel.
3. The Mahdi will unite the Muslim World, confirmed in Rev 17:12
4. The Mahdi will rule for 7 years, confirmed in Daniel 9:27
5. Muslims believe that after the appearing of the Mahdi, Jesus will appear and will march into Jerusalem following this Islamic leader and confess that he is a Muslim. The Bible reveals that a false prophet will arise following the anti-Christ, taking Jerusalem captive. Both the anti-Christ (Mahdi) and the false prophet (Muslim Jesus) will form a large religious following Revelation 13:11-15
6. Muslims behead their victims Quran 8:12-13 just as they did in Revelation 20:4
7. The first horseman, the anti-Christ will come on a white horse Rev 6:2. Muslim tradition also holds that the Mahdi will also come on a white horse.
There is a great concern that the Mahdi Army now at 60,000 will continue to grow after the Americans leave Iraq, which was just announced today.. In a way it will create a vacuum in which the Mahdi followers will thrive.. Unfortunately, as I predicted, it will flow back to Muslim rule.
There is more evidence as well.. It's very interesting that both the Muslims AND the Christians speak of the EXACT same accounts in their holy books. Both have their messiah's and prophets. Basically the Christian's anti-Christ is the Mahdi (from Iraq), and the Muslim's Jesus is the false prophet depicted in Revelation 16:13. On the flip side our Christ, will be their anti-Christ and our prophets, their false prophets.. If you study it, it aligns perfectly like a hand in a glove..
Where the Catholic church comes in could be any one's guess..