Prophecy

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Fitzlight
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Prophecy

Post by Fitzlight »

I am fearful yet also joyful to be living during this time of great prophecies that are even now being fulfilled. One of the main prophecies being fulfilled right now is were we are told that we will reject the truth and accept fables as the truth and this we are doing. We do not even realize that we are doing so. I could give you a list of some of the truths that we are rejecting and accepting fables in place of, but then you would simple post calling me all kind of names and telling me I know nothing of the bible. I know because I have been doing this for over 30 years now. Trying to just get you to stop believing the lies and to stop listening to men all together and to study the bible for yourselves. Putting aside all that you now believe and to start seeking God/Jesus' truth from God/Jesus Himself, but you do not believe that you can. You have been lead to believe that you can only learn through your church and that God/Jesus will not teach you Himself without going through a man. I say to you make this your first study of the truth. Find out what God/Jesus does say about if He will teach you Himself or not. Remember He says to us that we are to study to show ourselves approved rightly understanding the word of God/Jesus. Turn to Him ask Him to give you His knowledge, wisdom and understanding then simple start your study in the bible for all that He has to say on the matter. I warn you though that if you are not ready to become seperated from those that you love and to become hated by all men then do not do this. Simple continue as you are.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Prophecy

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Judge much?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Fitzlight wrote:I am fearful yet also joyful to be living during this time of great prophecies that are even now being fulfilled. One of the main prophecies being fulfilled right now is were we are told that we will reject the truth and accept fables as the truth and this we are doing. We do not even realize that we are doing so. I could give you a list of some of the truths that we are rejecting and accepting fables in place of, but then you would simple post calling me all kind of names and telling me I know nothing of the bible. I know because I have been doing this for over 30 years now. Trying to just get you to stop believing the lies and to stop listening to men all together and to study the bible for yourselves. Putting aside all that you now believe and to start seeking God/Jesus' truth from God/Jesus Himself, but you do not believe that you can. You have been lead to believe that you can only learn through your church and that God/Jesus will not teach you Himself without going through a man. I say to you make this your first study of the truth. Find out what God/Jesus does say about if He will teach you Himself or not. Remember He says to us that we are to study to show ourselves approved rightly understanding the word of God/Jesus. Turn to Him ask Him to give you His knowledge, wisdom and understanding then simple start your study in the bible for all that He has to say on the matter. I warn you though that if you are not ready to become seperated from those that you love and to become hated by all men then do not do this. Simple continue as you are.
You seem to be a student of Ellen White? All of what you have been saying here is what came from her writings.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Dazed and Confused
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Dazed and Confused »

Fitzlight wrote:I am fearful yet also joyful to be living during this time of great prophecies that are even now being fulfilled.
It's an interesting time to be alive to say the least.
One of the main prophecies being fulfilled right now is were we are told that we will reject the truth and accept fables as the truth and this we are doing.
I believe one of them being when Jesus said that in the last days there will be false prophets. This warning if not mistaken is stated twice as much as any other of His return. You know earthquakes in various places and such (by the way we sure are having quite a few earthquakes these days and in various places).
We do not even realize that we are doing so.
The problem with the church of Laodicea is that they don't know that they are the church of Laodicea. I find this to be somewhat humorous.
I could give you a list of some of the truths that we are rejecting and accepting fables in place of, but then you would simple post calling me all kind of names and telling me I know nothing of the bible I know because I have been doing this for over 30 years now.
Why don't you try and post some of these truths. From what I've seen most here are quite respectful and besides now you have my curiosity and I want it back. Granted some here might not agree with you, but I doubt any would ridicule you.
Trying to just get you to stop believing the lies and to stop listening to men all together and to study the bible for yourselves.
I think all here would agree that the bible is the authority.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.