rapture

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

Some believe that the rapture is the 7th day when god rested. And that we are presently in creation. (check out the pictures the from hubble space station?) They support that creation is still going on.
IF the bible is not literal then the 7th day could be eternity, and god could have said we will all of us rest then. Many may well be in it now.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

waynes world wrote:I don't mind people believing in the post trib but the 70ad rapture has no basis I know of. We get so hung up on literal dates and we shouldn't Jesus says we just don't know when the end will come but we should watch and wait. I think Paul is assuring the Corinthians in the 15th chapter that the rapture hadn't happened yet and that was their concern that they had missed the rapture.
Wayne,

I do not believe in a 70 AD rapture.

There is no "rapture", at least as currently defined. Read my previous post.

And Paul is not reassuring anyone about a rapture in 1 Cor. 15. He is reaffirming the doctrine on the resurrection. Resurrection Wayne, not rapture.