Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
User avatar
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 21883
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1136 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#61

Post by RickD » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:27 pm

You missed the first and most important thing in my last post.

You said that if 50% of people get vaccinated, and others don’t, at least that 50% will be safe.

That goes against what the “experts” are saying.
And it goes against what you’re claiming. If you disagree with the experts that are saying that being vaccinated doesn’t make one immune, but you think it does, then just get vaccinated. Don’t worry about the rest of us. There’s no point or need for herd immunity if you’re right that getting the vaccine makes one “safe” from Covid, right?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.


The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#62

Post by Stu » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:20 am

Coming in from a bit of a conspiracy angle here, but is it just a little strange that all the vaccine companies just happen to have their vaccines ready all at the same time, when a vaccine for this type of virus has never been made before? That's quite the coincidence.

I suppose one could argue that they done it so as not to give Trump any boost in the elections.
From what I understand they weren't cooperating, they all made their own variation of a vaccine.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 197 times

Re: Covid Vaccines

#63

Post by DBowling » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:11 am

RickD wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:27 pm
There’s no point or need for herd immunity if you’re right that getting the vaccine makes one “safe” from Covid, right?
I guess... If one is selfish and cares only about themself...

However I do happen to care about the health and safety of others.
I do care about my country, I do care about those who are out of work due to covid.
I do want my country to reach herd immunity asap, so people can safely go back to work and so things can get back "to normal".

As for what the covid vaccines do, here is a helpful link.
Understanding How COVID-19 Vaccines Work
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -work.html
The Bottom Line
Getting vaccinated is one of many steps you can take to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Protection from COVID-19 is critically important because for some people, it can cause severe illness or death.

Stopping a pandemic requires using all the tools available. Vaccines work with your immune system so your body will be ready to fight the virus if you are exposed. Other steps, like masks and social distancing, help reduce your chance of being exposed to the virus or spreading it to others. Together, COVID-19 vaccination and following CDC’s recommendations to protect yourself and others will offer the best protection from COVID-19.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8741
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 420 times
Been liked: 663 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#64

Post by Philip » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:20 pm

BTW, just because I don't KNOW of any factual information that the vaccines pose a danger to most people, that doesn't mean I've decided to take it. I do know that prudence can well protect one against unknown dangers - and that cuts both ways.

And even though there's significant uncertainty of about how well a mask or social distancing will protect one, I'm sure as heck going to continue using/practicing these - as while a hassle, they are tiny inconveniences that may well help a lot. Only the stupid and careless don't practice these, because even if they suspect these measures to be useless, they also have no idea that they might well bring themselves and others a significant level of protection, especially when mutually practiced!

User avatar
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 21883
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1136 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#65

Post by RickD » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:09 pm

DBowling,

You completely avoided addressing the point of my post. You said that if 50% of people get the vaccine, they’ll be safe. Your experts are saying the opposite. Do you have info that the rest of us don’t have?

Care to address that?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.


The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 21883
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1136 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#66

Post by RickD » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Philip wrote:
BTW, just because I don't KNOW of any factual information that the vaccines pose a danger to most people, that doesn't mean I've decided to take it. I do know that prudence can well protect one against unknown dangers - and that cuts both ways.
The point I’m trying to make, is not that there’s proof that the Covid vaccines are going to harm people, but that we have no idea what they will do, because there’s no possible way to know. Since the Covid vaccines have been rushed, there’s just no way to know the long term effects.
Philip wrote:
And even though there's significant uncertainty of about how well a mask or social distancing will protect one, I'm sure as heck going to continue using/practicing these - as while a hassle, they are tiny inconveniences that may well help a lot. Only the stupid and careless don't practice these, because even if they suspect these measures to be useless, they also have no idea that they might well bring themselves and others a significant level of protection, especially when mutually practiced!
That’s interesting that you say that. I spoke with a doctor in my hospital, and asked him if he’s going to get the Covid vaccine. He said, “not any time soon.” His professional opinion was that he doesn’t think the vaccine is really going to help. He said just wear a mask, keep away from people, and wash hands a lot.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.


The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 197 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#67

Post by DBowling » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:26 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:09 pm
DBowling,

You completely avoided addressing the point of my post. You said that if 50% of people get the vaccine, they’ll be safe. Your experts are saying the opposite. Do you have info that the rest of us don’t have?

Care to address that?
Sure...
I simply reject your premise...

To the best of my knowledge, I have embraced information from reliable medical professionals.
And I am unaware of anything I have posted that contradicts information from reliable medical professionals.

That said... Let me make this real easy for you...
If you are convinced that I have posted something that is contradicted by the links that I posted, then you should rely on the information in the links and disregard anything I have posted that you believe is contradicted by those links.

Like I said earlier, I have no interest in argumentation about how phrases are parsed that only distracts from the very serious topic of what each of us can and should do to fight and hopefully defeat covid.

User avatar
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 21883
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1136 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#68

Post by RickD » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:02 pm

DBowling,

You’re putting out different information that the sources you say you base your info on. People who are vaccinated, aren’t guaranteed to be safe from Covid 19, and there’s no way to know if they’re safe from side effects from the vaccine.

This article explains how the trial numbers of efficacy don’t necessarily equal real world numbers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... 0p19G=2103
DBowling wrote:
That said... Let me make this real easy for you...
If you are convinced that I have posted something that is contradicted by the links that I posted, then you should rely on the information in the links and disregard anything I have posted that you believe is contradicted by those links.
I only rely on the information in the links to see if you’re being consistent with what you’re saying. I certainly don’t rely on the cdc or any government entity to be honest and reliable. There’s been too much dishonesty all along, since this virus hit the US.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.


The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 197 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#69

Post by DBowling » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:21 pm

RickD wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:02 pm
DBowling wrote:
That said... Let me make this real easy for you...
If you are convinced that I have posted something that is contradicted by the links that I posted, then you should rely on the information in the links and disregard anything I have posted that you believe is contradicted by those links.
I only rely on the information in the links to see if you’re being consistent with what you’re saying.
OK... fair enough...
Feel free to post my quote and the quote from my links that I allegedly contradicted.

I will take a look at them...
If what I posted was not as clear as it should have been, then I will be happy to clarify.
If my quote is inconsistent with my source material, then I will be happy to admit it and thank you for catching my error.

Fair enough?

User avatar
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 21883
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1136 times

Re: Covid Vaccines - Trial For The Mark Of The Beast

#70

Post by RickD » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:31 pm

DBowling wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:21 pm
RickD wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:02 pm
DBowling wrote:
That said... Let me make this real easy for you...
If you are convinced that I have posted something that is contradicted by the links that I posted, then you should rely on the information in the links and disregard anything I have posted that you believe is contradicted by those links.
I only rely on the information in the links to see if you’re being consistent with what you’re saying.
OK... fair enough...
Feel free to post my quote and the quote from my links that I allegedly contradicted.

I will take a look at them...
If what I posted was not as clear as it should have been, then I will be happy to clarify.
If my quote is inconsistent with my source material, then I will be happy to admit it and thank you for catching my error.

Fair enough?
I’m not sure if there’s anything in the quotes you posted. I was talking about other articles from the cdc that I have read. I referenced the cdc, because they are one of the authorities that you rely on.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.


The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Post Reply