Christian Science vs. Christ's deity

Discussions on ecclesiology such as the nature, constitution and functions of the church.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Christian Science vs. Christ's deity

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:If she was seriously interested to be here then the choice of her username was not a happy one.

edit: if she wishes I can change it.
Ann is fine with her name. Leave her alone. Could you change my name? I have come to feel that ''Furstentum Liechtenstein'' is somewhat pompous. I'd like something which better expresses my nature. I am thinking of ''Friendship & Love'' as a new name. With this name, I could keep my ''FL'' signature.

Also, I would like my new avatar to be a teddy bear. Thank you in advance for your help.

:heart: FL y@};-
That would be a lovely name FL. I will honor you with such a name but you must behave accordingly.

If you have some teddy bear picture you would love to upload as your avatar, you are free to do so.

:heart: y@};-
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

1over137 wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:If she was seriously interested to be here then the choice of her username was not a happy one.

edit: if she wishes I can change it.
Ann is fine with her name. Leave her alone. Could you change my name? I have come to feel that ''Furstentum Liechtenstein'' is somewhat pompous. I'd like something which better expresses my nature. I am thinking of ''Friendship & Love'' as a new name. With this name, I could keep my ''FL'' signature.

Also, I would like my new avatar to be a teddy bear. Thank you in advance for your help.

That would be a lovely name FL. I will honor you with such a name but you must behave accordingly.

If you have some teddy bear picture you would love to upload as your avatar, you are free to do so.

:heart: y@};-
Yeah, right now probably Fiendish Loudmouth is more appropriate.

Man am I glad my initials aren't FL. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

1over137 wrote:That would be a lovely name FL. I will honor you with such a name but you must behave accordingly.If you have some teddy bear picture you would love to upload as your avatar, you are free to do so.
Thank you so much, my dear. You are so special to me...I wish I could express the depth of my gratitude. I am unable to cahange my avatar, so you may choose a teddy bear for me. Thank you so much! And give my regards to your husband. One day I wish to visit Slovakia. I've heard so many wonderful things about your heroic country.

y>:D< FL y@};-
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Why are you unable to change your avatar?

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

FL has gone off the deep end! 8-}2
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:FL has gone off the deep end! 8-}2
And that's coming from a klown. :esurprised:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

go off the deep end and jump off the deep end
1. Lit. to jump into a swimming pool where the water is over one's head and one needs to be able to swim You are still only learning to swim. Are you ready to go off the deep end? He jumped off the deep end where he would make a bigger splash.
2. Fig. to become deeply involved (with someone or something) before one is ready. (Applies especially to falling in love.) Look at the way Bill is looking at Sally. I think he's about to go off the deep end.
3. Fig. to act irrationally, following one's emotions or fantasies. Now, John, I know you really want to go to Australia, but don't go jumping off the deep end. It isn't all perfect there.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:FL has gone off the deep end! 8-}2
And that's coming from a klown. :esurprised:
y:o)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Why are you unable to change your avatar?
Cherished Hana,

On my daily drive back from work today, I brought a collegue to the hospital because his baby girl is there undergoing treatment for a lung infection. I was so happy to help this young man in a small way but I stopped short of offering him financial assistance... He's been missing work a lot lately, and he doesn't earn a lot of money, and his wife doesn't work, and they've been spending a lot of time at the hospital, eating at the cafeteria ($$$) and going home now and then by taxi. (They do not own a car.) This has nothing to do with your question, but I just had to share.

Hana, dear, I was hoping to have my new name but I guess you are occupied...that's OK. I understand what with you being a newlywed, and working and getting established. I was young once too! You are so kind to help me out.

Avatar: I don't know why I can't change it but that isn't important now. When I get my new name, you can choose a teddy bear avatar for me. I'm sure it will be perfect!

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

FL,

Do you need help finding your marbles?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Think I preferred the older more abrasive FL.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I think FL is finally coming out of the closet.
y:-?

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Heck, I'd scream if I was a child and saw the older FL coming out of my closet. Not sure the current one here is much of a monster though. Don't think he'll be getting much scream energy.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo and Rick,

I don't think I've ever told you guys how happy you make me. It is always a pleasure to read your posts! They fill me with joy and I can sense God's Love in both of your beautiful spirits.

y@};- FL y:x

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Kurieuo and Rick,

I don't think I've ever told you guys how happy you make me. It is always a pleasure to read your posts! They fill me with joy and I can sense God's Love in both of your beautiful spirits.

y@};- FL y:x
FL,

Have you been indulging in your wife's marijuana fruitcakes again? Or maybe marijuana marmalade?

-Edward R Murrow