Christians

Discussions on ecclesiology such as the nature, constitution and functions of the church.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Christians

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I don't know why you keep saying he is a different Christ, it is the same Christ but her knowledge of who exactly he is is not fully complete. :shakehead:
I say we invite ChristianScientistAnn back and be nice to her. There are not enough women here. This place is beginning to look like a gay establishment.

Anonymous :bag:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Fundamentally we do follow the same Christ it's just that my understanding of who exactly he is, is slightly different from who she think he is. I don't agree with your statement, because we both believe in the same Christ it's just she doesn't quite get his divine side.
Daniel,

Again I ask you if you understand what Christian Science teaches. Because again, by your own words, I don't think you really understand. Look at their website that Ann says she agrees with. There's no problem in Christian Science, with Christ's divinity. It's an unbiblical kind of divinity, but they still believe Christ is divine. Christian Science does not believe in Christ's deity. To them, Christ is not God. He is not the second Person of the Holy Trinity.

So, fundamentally they promote a different Christ. To some, the difference between divinity and deity may seem trivial. But it makes all the difference in the world.

I don't know why you keep saying he is a different Christ, it is the same Christ but her knowledge of who exactly he is is not fully complete. :shakehead:
I'm starting to see that you don't understand why the Christian Science christ is different than the biblical Christ. That's why I hope, with ChristianScientistAnn's participation we can have a thread where we can talk about it.

2 Corinthians 11:4
4 For if [a]one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Fundamentally we do follow the same Christ it's just that my understanding of who exactly he is, is slightly different from who she think he is. I don't agree with your statement, because we both believe in the same Christ it's just she doesn't quite get his divine side.
Daniel,

Again I ask you if you understand what Christian Science teaches. Because again, by your own words, I don't think you really understand. Look at their website that Ann says she agrees with. There's no problem in Christian Science, with Christ's divinity. It's an unbiblical kind of divinity, but they still believe Christ is divine. Christian Science does not believe in Christ's deity. To them, Christ is not God. He is not the second Person of the Holy Trinity.

So, fundamentally they promote a different Christ. To some, the difference between divinity and deity may seem trivial. But it makes all the difference in the world.

I don't know why you keep saying he is a different Christ, it is the same Christ but her knowledge of who exactly he is is not fully complete. :shakehead:
I'm starting to see that you don't understand why the Christian Science christ is different than the biblical Christ. That's why I hope, with ChristianScientistAnn's participation we can have a thread where we can talk about it.

2 Corinthians 11:4
4 For if [a]one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.

This is the issue Rick, their Christ isn't different, it is their beliefs about him which are different.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Daniel wrote:
This is the issue Rick, their Christ isn't different, it is their beliefs about him which are different.
Daniel,

By preaching a Christ who isn't God, they're preaching a different Jesus. And by preaching a false Christ, they are preaching a false gospel. Their false gospel has a Christ who can't save. And by preaching a false Christ who can't save anyone from their sins, they are leading people to hell.

Whether or not they preach this false Christ with good intentions, is irrelevant. They cold be the nicest people in the world who are preaching a false gospel.

Please tell me you understand this Daniel.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I think there is a very nice question here and separate split thread would be good...
Does our faith rests in the person of Jesus christ or upon his title? or both?

1. Believe in christ, as your redeemer that he died for you but he is not necessarily a member of the trinity?

2. Believe in christ that he is the son of God, a member of the trinity but not, necessarily believe that he died for you?

3. Believe in Christ as your redeemer and son of God, member of trinity, and that he died for you?

At the bare minimum regarding the gospel's message, which one of the three you think is right, and why? What is the bare minimum needed for salvation?

I think it would be a nice learning thread. ;)
Last edited by neo-x on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Yes a separate thread would be good, in my opinion I would say believing in Christ, loving God, loving your neighbour, and having a heart condition that is Christ like are the only things required. Everything else is not really important, I do personally believe Jesus was God incarnate but I don't think it is a prerequisite for salvation. I think man's religious and legalistic tendencies add all these conditions which are not required, all we need is faith in Christ Jesus.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Please, continue in the separate thread http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 64#p150715
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Thank you Hana. y>:D<
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Thank you Hana. y>:D<
You're welcome. I was waiting for Ann but since I now have seen the need of all to discuss it...

y@};-
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jesus Himself said :

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
John 8:24

So you be the judge. Is believing in Christ's deity essential?

-Edward R Murrow