NEW POPE!!!

Discussions on ecclesiology such as the nature, constitution and functions of the church.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

NEW POPE!!!

Post by Philip »

And we have a winner! But I don't thinka he speaka da english.

And Pope Francis ain't exactly young - thought they'd go younger.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: NEW POPE!!!

Post by 1over137 »

But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Seems like a decent bloke.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Even to a non-Christian like me the choice seems fine. He doesn't appear, based on his past, to be too radically liberal or incredibly conservative either. I feel like it's good to elect a pope from the Americas considering how that is where the true strength of the Catholic church is these days. Considering his experience dealing with political and church-related turmoil in Argentina, he looks like someone who might have the skills and reputation to move things in the right direction for them.

Plus, he picked a unique name. It's too hard to keep track of all the ones who picked Paul and Benedict. Good to see some creativity and such.