OT / NT God??

Discussions on ecclesiology such as the nature, constitution and functions of the church.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: OT / NT God??

Post by neo-x »

Much of the strong reaction I see against balancing this issue, comes from our own culture which in general right now has historically had some strong feminist challenges to male domination and leadership. The Gay, Lesbian movement has some impact on this as well. What these movements have in common, to my observation is that they're not really attempting to bring balance. They're attempting to assert in some context, actual female superiority (either by direct assertion or as an attempt to counter-balance a history of male dominance) or there being absolutely no basis for gender (or sexuality) being a determinative factor in the roles open within society at large to those who historically haven't been represented equally.
I agree with you, there are extreme attempts to disrupt balance and gain a one sided result, femininity in this case.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Reactionary
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: OT / NT God??

Post by Reactionary »

If they were attempting to bring balance, they wouldn't be called "feminists" (lat. femina, -ae, f. = woman). The idea of "equality" is in my opinion just a story they're trying to sell us. What they want is dominance, in other words, to discredit a traditional, Christian family by undermining its very foundations. Add moral relativity (as a consequence of Darwinism) to the equation and there you have it - everything is permissible... except to question Darwinian evolution y#-o

Somewhat back on topic, an antitheist group in my country recently accused the Church for not allowing women to be priests. Confusing... I thought religion was nonsense (or a dangerous delusion) anyway... 8-}2
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary