Jesus and homosexuality

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Mastermind wrote:And yes, I'm in a very bad mood.
Step away (or roll) from the Keyboard think of calming and soothing waterfall. Allow yourself to slip into a state where you are totally relaxed. Now come back to the Keyboard and type. :wink: :D
Battlehelmet
Recognized Member

Post by Battlehelmet »

I suggest Mastermind practice Yoga and take up the Ba-hai faith for transcendental peace.. :lol:

The two shall be one flesh-Jesus

The sanctified marriage of man and woman? Yes.

Homosexuals? Hmm, this is a touchy topic for me because there are homosexuals of all sorts that seemed to have developed a relationship with Jesus which I encourage but not thier homosexuality.A touchy subject indeed, I feel it would be better left to God's judgement than our own.
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Battlehelmet wrote:I suggest Mastermind practice Yoga and take up the Ba-hai faith for transcendental peace.. :lol:

Homosexuals? Hmm, this is a touchy topic for me because there are homosexuals of all sorts that seemed to have developed a relationship with Jesus which I encourage but not thier homosexuality.A touchy subject indeed, I feel it would be better left to God's judgement than our own.
A homosexual who finds faith and life in Christ resists their sinful temptations and departs from his past life of unnatural lust.
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

We as Christians justify whatever we want to continue in, be it homosexuality, an extra matrital affair, over eating, smoking a little dope, getting drunk, gossip, white lies, cheating on the taxes, taking a few things home from the office...etc. etc. etc.

The sexual sins seem to be the most serious from a biblical perspective, but many of the others mentioned (and many not) do an awful lot of damage.

I'm not a homosexual, and never have been, but I find myself trying to justify many other sins in my life. I'm sure, had I gotten into homosexuality, I would have done the same with that sin.

It's one of those things that seems so straight forward and black and white...unless of course, it's something you need to justify...and then Satan is able to make it very, very gray. That crafty serpent hasn't changed a bit has he...he did the EXACT same thing to Adam and Eve. Well, apparently, humankind hasn't changed a whit either, we still fall for his lies.
Battlehelmet
Recognized Member

Post by Battlehelmet »

Dan wrote:
Battlehelmet wrote:I suggest Mastermind practice Yoga and take up the Ba-hai faith for transcendental peace.. :lol:

A homosexual who finds faith and life in Christ resists their sinful temptations and departs from his past life of unnatural lust.
Really Dan? Was that your experience? If so I am glad you found Christ.