Terry Schiavo - Courts Pro-Life OR Pro-Death?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.

Courts - Pro-Life OR Pro-Death?

Pro-Life
33%
Pro-Death
33%
No Answer
33%

Total votes: 6

Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Terry Schiavo - Courts Pro-Life OR Pro-Death?

Post by Believer »

With all courts denying the feeding tube reinserted into Terry Schiavo, why do you think the courts decided on this final ruling? I understand she is in a vegatative state, and the research I have done (videos, pictures, testamonies, etc...) on her proves that she can't speak or do really anything on her own for that matter, but why MUST they starve her to death instead of just giving her a leathal injection to end her life peacefully? The state of Florida wouldn't do this to a dog I believe, starve to death. This is very sadening but WHY did ALL the courts deny the reinsertion of the deeding tubes? From what I have read, heared, watched, Terry Schiavo husband is a monster for his acts to her. Please think about this and write your thoughts on here.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

I have not seen any evidence that would lead me to believe this is anything but cold-blooded, court-approved murder. Don't ever get Alzheimers or cerebral palsy in Florida, hearsay evidence will be enough to kill you.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Okay, I am starting to wonder, if God hears the cries of everyone praying for Terri, why doesn't He intervene and do something :x ? Does this mean there is no God and people that are healed thinking it is a devine miracle is actually a self physcological thing? Where is God?????
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

HelpMeGod wrote:Okay, I am starting to wonder, if God hears the cries of everyone praying for Terri, why doesn't He intervene and do something :x ? Does this mean there is no God and people that are healed thinking it is a devine miracle is actually a self physcological thing? Where is God?????
Maybe Terri wants to die, perhaps she's already dead in a sense and her spirit is with God and she doesn't want to come back. In that case, I think she should stay there.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

It simply means God allows people to be responsible in this world. I'm not sure why people would expect God to intervene. Clearly His intentions in creating this world was not to intervene all the time when things go wrong. It seems only in special instances where His plan through Christ may have been threatened that God appears to have intervened as recorded within the OT. Although I should state I would not dismiss special cases today, such interventions by God are certainly not the norm.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Kurieuo wrote:It simply means God allows people to be responsible in this world. I'm not sure why people would expect God to intervene. Clearly His intentions in creating this world was not to intervene all the time when things go wrong. It seems only in special instances where His plan through Christ may have been threatened that God appears to have intervened as recorded within the OT. Although I should state I would not dismiss special cases today, such interventions by God are certainly not the norm.

Kurieuo.
So I am being stupid right now, but can we assume God doesn't intervene at all anymore, but He allows the bodies he created to self correct themselves? Either that, or there is no God and the authors of the books in the Bible are liars and makes what appears to be truth actually into really good lies.
j316
Established Member

Tery Schiavo

Post by j316 »

HelpMeGod, I think it is an error to believe that God ever lets up on His plan for us, He is always in control in a teaching and mediatory role. Do you not see the value of situations like those of Terry and her family? This is an opportunity for all those who hear of it to look into themselves and decide where they stand. It could happen to you, and even if it doesn't it still presents issues worth considering, the very issues that define us as human.
I don't think the side you choose matters as much as the fact that you perceive the necessity of a reaction, it is the need to respond that identifies us. God is present always and we can't help but respond.
Terry is, by all acounts, a christian. She is safe and well, the argument is about us.