Need advice on dealing with the world...

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Need advice on dealing with the world...

Post by Mastermind »

Just reading the news makes me sick. The Terri case, another school shooting, immorality becoming more and more rampant. The fact that the US is heading in Hitler's direction and is now actively executing disabled people is sickening. All this gives me a powerful urge to grab a machinegun and start spreading(no, not literally but you get the idea). Then there's all the atheists who insist on rabidly attacking Christianity as if they are posessed by Satan itself. You'd think the liberation from religion it supposedly brings would make them a bit more docile. Gaaaaaaaaaaah, so frustrating.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

i feel the same way hun, infact I don't watch the news anymore.
i think all we can do is pray and try to come to some understanding of our fellow brothers and sisters.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

The liberals in the US want to kill Terri. They are concerned about her 'rights'. Too bad they are not concerned with the rights of the unborn.

I agree this is worrying, killing for the sake of convenience at both ends of life....those who can't defend themselves.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Hey at least America's holding out on gay marriage... Silver lining I guess. :)

Actually MM, you could be very well encouraged by the situation in the US... There is a revival stirring, and it has the potential to be very exciting. The results of the election alone show how a lot of people are starting to wake up and take ntoice - starting to think about what they believe. The Passion has openned a lot of eyes about Jesus and who he was. Another evidence is in Christian rock, which is becoming ever more popular. Rock crossovers are starting to subtley teach the the younger generation about God. The public debate on moral issues have forced people to stand up and be counted, and Intelligent Design is continuing to gain momentum and even starting new debates about what to teach in schools. And finally, most encouraging is that the Christian community is finally beginning to stand up and assert themselves - and now they've become a very important political force through which they can preserve fundamental Christian values... In a lot of countries this opportunity passed us by while we slept. :( All in all there are a lot of positives in America nowadays, I'd say.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I'd rather have gay marriage and stop them from murdering people if you ask me. Gay marriage is such a trivial issue when compared to human life that it feels like close to nothing as far as victories are concerned.
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Mastermind wrote:I'd rather have gay marriage and stop them from murdering people if you ask me. Gay marriage is such a trivial issue when compared to human life that it feels like close to nothing as far as victories are concerned.
Don't compromise with sin, all sinful acts are wrong.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Where did I compromise? I said I'd rather have one than the other. It is assumed that I MUST have one.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I'd rather have gay marriage and stop them from murdering people if you ask me. Gay marriage is such a trivial issue when compared to human life that it feels like close to nothing as far as victories are concerned.
I'd rather have neither legal murder or gay marriage :lol: I think the concept of gay marriage being an actual marriage is somewhere around blasphemy. Marriage is an institution made by God, between man and a woman....
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Mastermind wrote:I'd rather have gay marriage and stop them from murdering people if you ask me. Gay marriage is such a trivial issue when compared to human life that it feels like close to nothing as far as victories are concerned.
MM... Gay Marriage when you look at it and see what it does to the Life of a Child or the results it has on a Family and how it breaks Nations where Murder has been around since Cain no matter how you look at it they are both the Same! (Evil)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Gay marriage does not automatically grant them a child to mess up.
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

Mastermind wrote:Where did I compromise? I said I'd rather have one than the other. It is assumed that I MUST have one.
You can't have either, even if it's forced upon you to have to choose between having one or the other, both must be rejected. Even though I know what you're talking about, that's not how the world works and so both have to be viewed as evil without compromise.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i don't watch the news anymore either...if you ask me, we are nearing the end of days.

btw, who's this terri everyone wants to kill? :oops:
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Terri Schiavo.....

http://www.terrisfight.org
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Mastermind wrote:Gay marriage does not automatically grant them a child to mess up.
Sadly, though, 20% of gay couples have children....
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Sadly, though, 20% of gay couples have children....
And that will only increase once gay marriage becomes ingrained in the culture.

The only positive I see about it is that we can guarantee that gay couples will always be the minority - it goes against both nature and morality...