Ben Shapiro on Beto

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Fliegender
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Ben Shapiro on Beto

Post by Fliegender »

Tiresome cerberus wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:26 am ...

Still disappointed. Nothing but strawmen strawmen everywhere. Please try again, unless the real reason you don't respond to my actual points is that you just don't have an answer...
No, the real reason is that I just don’t get involved with hostile people.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Still disappointed. Nothing but strawmen strawmen everywhere. Please try again, unless the real reason you don't respond to my actual points is that you just don't have an answer...
Well best shut down your computer then and stay away from the internet because the internet is full of hostile people :shock:

But my initial comments weren't hostile towards you y:-? so I'm afraid you just making excuses. But you can do that to if you like, just don't pretend it's true.

Oh and you must really dislike Obama's pastor then as he is incredibly hostile :wave:
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Is that why you moved out of Mon-tray-all?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Stewing in bitterness wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:28 am

Well best shut down your computer then and stay away from the internet because the internet is full of hostile people :shock:

But my initial comments weren't hostile towards you y:-? so I'm afraid you just making excuses. But you can do that to if you like, just don't pretend it's true.

Oh and you must really dislike Obama's pastor then as he is incredibly hostile :wave:
1. I visit well moderated sites on the Internet, those with little tolerance for those inclined to Internet rage.

2. I don’t remember your initial comments. I stop reading the minute I sense gobbledygook.

3. I don’t care about Obama’s pastor one way or another.

You need to relax. Ask your doctor to prescribe a relaxant.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

Help! Trump cut my food stamps! wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:00 am
Is that why you moved out of Mon-tray-all?
Montreal isn’t dangerous; it’s an inoffensive backwater town. Detroit is the most dangerous city I’ve visited. It looks like a Third World shithole in many places. Paris is like that too in some districts.
-John Stuart Mill
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am
Stewing in bitterness wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:28 am

1. I visit well moderated sites on the Internet, those with little tolerance for those inclined to Internet rage.

2. I don’t remember your initial comments. I stop reading the minute I sense gobbledygook.

3. I don’t care about Obama’s pastor one way or another.

You need to relax. Ask your doctor to prescribe a relaxant.
You said Obama and Bush had integrity and were good presidents. I disagreed. You hid under a bush without an answer and instead called me angry...

Oh and you should care about Obama's pastor as it reflects on Obama as a person.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I’ve taken a Valium and have calmed down wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 am
Oh and you should care about Obama's pastor as it reflects on Obama as a person.
Obama’s pastor is just as irrelevant as Trump’s. People in power - political or otherwise - do certain things and go to certain places to be seen and to further their objectives. I know three VIPs, one in politics, one in the arts and one in business, and all three have told me how they must be seen at all kinds of events. Almost all of their free time is taken up with official socializing at various functions. They don’t go to such events because they want to but because it’s expected of them.

Obama’s mother, now she’s relevant. If she’s a hooker or a drug addict that would be significant. She reflects on Obama as a person.
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
In that case, what does it say about Trump, seeing that Paula White is his pastor?

Hoist by your own petard!
:pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I SEE THE LIGHT! wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 pm
Stu wrote:
In that case, what does it say about Trump, seeing that Paula White is his pastor?

You’re agreeing with me. Are you ill? Have you eaten rotten meat from the dumpster again?
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:33 pm
I SEE THE LIGHT! wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 pm
Stu wrote:

You’re agreeing with me. Are you ill? Have you eaten rotten meat from the dumpster again?
Actually, I think I’m agreeing with Stu. We probably can judges person’s beliefs, or even motives of his beliefs, by the pastor who is teaching him. At least to some degree.

Since neither Obama nor Trump disavowed their pastors’ teachings, what does that say?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Ben talks really fast...and no, that's not just because I'm slow :roll:

He could do auctions...

On another note...got to love the irony.. saying you don't get involved with hostile people is kinda hostile :wave:
Fliegender

Post by Fliegender »

I was blind and now I’m wearing rose-coloured glasses! wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:24 pm
Actually, I think I’m agreeing with Stu. We probably can judges person’s beliefs, or even motives of his beliefs, by the pastor who is teaching him. At least to some degree.

Since neither Obama nor Trump disavowed their pastors’ teachings, what does that say?
Agreeing with Stew? ...dementia has set in if you believe either Obama and Trump are influenced by some ugly pastor or pretty pastorette.
-John Stuart Mill
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

FlieG: "...dementia has set in if you believe either Obama and Trump are influenced by some ugly pastor or pretty pastorette."
Absolutely! Both preachers were spewing bad stuff - racism from one, along with false, prosperity teachings from the other. So, whether either politician ever truly bought into their preacher's bad teachings, what both presidents most hoped to get out of their associations was the cultivation of friendly voters that strongly identified with their preachers.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Fliegender wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:19 pm
I’ve taken a Valium and have calmed down wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:10 am
Obama’s pastor is just as irrelevant as Trump’s. People in power - political or otherwise - do certain things and go to certain places to be seen and to further their objectives. I know three VIPs, one in politics, one in the arts and one in business, and all three have told me how they must be seen at all kinds of events. Almost all of their free time is taken up with official socializing at various functions. They don’t go to such events because they want to but because it’s expected of them.

Obama’s mother, now she’s relevant. If she’s a hooker or a drug addict that would be significant. She reflects on Obama as a person.
There's a difference. Let me put it this way.

Do you go to church? Let's pretend you do.
Let's say your old pastor retired and a new guy took over. He starts off well but soon goes on rants about black people and stirs racial divide in his sermons.

Would you stay in such a church? Let alone stay in it for years on end?

I know I wouldn't and surely any right minded person probably wouldn't either, but what say you?

I know I listen to pastors that preach stuff that resonates with me otherwise I wouldn't listen, in other words if he started preaching hate and racism I most definitely would not listen anymore. Why do you listen to a specific pastor, surely he has got to resonate with you?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Stu: Why do you listen to a specific pastor, surely he has got to resonate with you?
True, Stu. So, the question should become, for us all - what is our measure of proper teachings vs. dangerous / false ones? Mine is Scripture. Where is a preacher in sync with Scripture, where does he deviate, and when he reasonably speculates is it within the parameters that Scripture allows - and even that doesn't make something certain. And when a pastor is merely giving personal opinion, they need to state that's what he's giving.