Is homosexuality harmful?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is homosexuality harmful?

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Kurieuo wrote: To get graphic... the penis seems an ideal tool for this too, since the vulva thickens as the woman is turned on causing a pull during penetration alongside the natural rubbing of the penis against the clitorus which helps stimulate a woman to orgasm. The woman's vagina vice-versa seems the ideal match to stimulate the man to orgasm
Great explaining!

You didnt even need diagrams :P

A professional once told me that only a low percentage of women are able to achieve orgasm via penetration.

I actually doubt that is true and is just a misbelief some might have.
This "professional" was a guy no doubt? Probably said it to make himself feel better. ;)
Female actually :P
Poor woman. :P
Indeed :P
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Audacity wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Audacity wrote:You're mistaken. It's been shown that other animals do indeed have sex for pleasure.
Was it pigs that orgasm for 30 minutes? :shock: y:@) y:@) y:@)
What's always grabbed my gonads is that on average women have a better orgasmic experience. :x

"On average, a woman's orgasm may last roughly fourteen seconds longer than a man's.
In most cases, a man must rest directly after an orgasm. After recuperating, he can continue. Women recover from the experience much quicker and, because of this, they can have orgasms in rapid succession.
"
source

"The length of a man's orgasm has been estimated at 10–15 seconds on average, though it is possible for them to last up to 30 seconds.
A woman's orgasm may last slightly longer or much longer than a man's. Women's orgasms have been estimated to last, on average, approximately 20 seconds, and to consist of a series of muscular contractions in the pelvic area that includes the vagina, the uterus, and the anus
."
Source: Wikipedia
The intensity is more important than length but that's probably better delved into on another board such as the one phil's always giving us.
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audacity wrote:
K wrote:This is the primary objective, and nature does it's best to make the opposite sex appealing to the other (we see across many species), is in order for life to be sustained. Or, as I believe God creates an attraction to opposite sexes. Therefore, a diversion from such is a perversion of nature -- something abnormal or going wrong.
So how do you explain same-sex attraction? A failure of God's attempt to create an attraction to opposite sexes? Or is it a matter of people having such an attraction, but deciding instead to be attracted to those of the same sex? If so, how do you think this occurs: "Hmmm, I 'm really attracted to that busty brunet over there, but I think I'll decide to like that handsome hunk of a guy brooding in the corner over there instead." My only question would be, How does one decide to to like A over B? Isn't liking something pretty much an unconscious reaction rather than a consciously directed one?
It is explained in the sentence following what you bolded of mine.
You mean that your sentence,

............... "Therefore, a diversion from such is a perversion of nature -- something abnormal or going wrong.

is supposed to explain same-sex attraction? Really? Perhaps you misunderstood. By "explain same-sex attraction" I didn't mean, "Give me a definition of it", but rather, explain how it arises in a person. Does it arise from

...........1) A failure of God's attempt to create an attraction to opposite sexes?

...........2) A matter of people having such an attraction, but deciding instead to be attracted to those of the same sex.

...........3) Something else.
You might also want to read the following paragraph:
  • For human beings, a large part is psychological, and our elevated levels of spirituality makes such matters more complex than merely animals who don't really fuss about questions of life and death, finding meaning and purpose and the like -- but seem largely contented with just living (until we show them greater comforts).
Gotta say, so what? Moreover, I don't buy any unsubstantiated spiritual component.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Substitute "spiritual" with "psyche" if you prefer. Unless you don't believe in a psyche. In fact, are "we" really having this conversation? Is there even a conversation being had if a real "you" and a real "I" don't exist... y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Audacity wrote:...Gotta say.....
Considering you have no 'choice', I guess you do gotta say :P
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Humans don't go through "heat" like animals do nor do human males have a "bone" in their penis like other mammals.
As such, pleasure and stimulation are crucial for there to be an actual sex act to begin with.
The fact that sex is very pleasurable to BOTH simply means that there is motivation to have sex, ie: procreate.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Paul: The fact that sex is very pleasurable to BOTH simply means that there is motivation to have sex, ie: procreate.
OK, but what about AFTER one is finished procreating - what's the motivation THEN? y:-?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Ask Abraham and Sarah. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Philip wrote:
Paul: The fact that sex is very pleasurable to BOTH simply means that there is motivation to have sex, ie: procreate.
OK, but what about AFTER one is finished procreating - what's the motivation THEN? y:-?
Food. :ewink:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Philip wrote:
Food.
First a cigarette, then a sammich.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
So men can take a nap. :sleep:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:
So men can take a nap. :sleep:
or so women can.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Audacity wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Another function for the female orgasm, I believe, is to aid the sperm on their journey, the contractions help apparently.
Believe what you like, but having looked into just this aspect of the female orgasm, I've found that it has an almost negligible effect. I invite you to Google the subject.
Audacity... forgive me if this comes across as obtuse but I am genuinely curious, you really think homosexuality is natural? I define it as unnatural, purely because if the human race was homosexual, we'd soon be extinct.
I think it's as natural as is left-handedness. As for the possibility of the whole human race becoming homosexual and leading to the extinction of our species, this is most likely true. Just as if the everyone started eating one another our population would plummet. However, people aren't eating one another, and the whole human race isn't homosexual. Most studies on homosexuality put its frequency at 1.6% - 3% of the population, leaving no chance the race would go extinct because of its few homosexuals.
To answer your question about attraction, no you don't "choose" who you fall in love with but that doesn't make it right.

Not right in what context? That it's a sin? That it offends your sensibilities?
What about paedophiles? I saw a heartbreaking film a while ago, a 22 year old guy who opted for chemical castration because he had sexual feelings for his six year old niece, he told his family, doctor and sought help. He didn't give in to his urges, could the same point not be argued for homosexuals?
What point? That homosexuals who care for, perhaps love one another should get castrated so to prevent them from physically enjoying each other? What purpose would be served?
As for why we women have a clitoris, sure, for pleasure. We, I believe, are the only species to have sex for fun, for pleasure.
You're mistaken. It's been shown that other animals do indeed have sex for pleasure.
I did say I believe, not I know, I stand corrected about the female orgasm, and being the only creature ti have sex for pleasure.

Re the homosexuality... You misunderstand what I'm driving at, what I mean is here was a guy who did everything he could to not act on his urges because they are wrong. I assume we all agree his actions would be wrong.

The arraction thing was aimed more at things like paedophillia, not homosexuality. Homosexuals don't offend me, not much does tbh, bigotry, prejudice and intolerance do but I like to think im none of those things.

Audacity, my brother is openly gay, I love him. He has been with his boyfriend for over twenty years, I love him too. I defend his right to love whoever he wants but even he views his sexuality as "different" I am NOT putting down or belitting homosexuals, anymore than I would an atheist just because our views differ.
Please dont assume that because I am a Christian I judge anyone. The only person I judge is myself.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

Storyteller wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Another function for the female orgasm, I believe, is to aid the sperm on their journey, the contractions help apparently.
Believe what you like, but having looked into just this aspect of the female orgasm, I've found that it has an almost negligible effect. I invite you to Google the subject.
Audacity... forgive me if this comes across as obtuse but I am genuinely curious, you really think homosexuality is natural? I define it as unnatural, purely because if the human race was homosexual, we'd soon be extinct.
I think it's as natural as is left-handedness. As for the possibility of the whole human race becoming homosexual and leading to the extinction of our species, this is most likely true. Just as if the everyone started eating one another our population would plummet. However, people aren't eating one another, and the whole human race isn't homosexual. Most studies on homosexuality put its frequency at 1.6% - 3% of the population, leaving no chance the race would go extinct because of its few homosexuals.
To answer your question about attraction, no you don't "choose" who you fall in love with but that doesn't make it right.

Not right in what context? That it's a sin? That it offends your sensibilities?
What about paedophiles? I saw a heartbreaking film a while ago, a 22 year old guy who opted for chemical castration because he had sexual feelings for his six year old niece, he told his family, doctor and sought help. He didn't give in to his urges, could the same point not be argued for homosexuals?
What point? That homosexuals who care for, perhaps love one another should get castrated so to prevent them from physically enjoying each other? What purpose would be served?
As for why we women have a clitoris, sure, for pleasure. We, I believe, are the only species to have sex for fun, for pleasure.
You're mistaken. It's been shown that other animals do indeed have sex for pleasure.
I did say I believe, not I know, I stand corrected about the female orgasm, and being the only creature ti have sex for pleasure.

Don't know which of your "believes" you feel I took as knowing. Want to point it out?
Re the homosexuality... You misunderstand what I'm driving at, what I mean is here was a guy who did everything he could to not act on his urges because they are wrong. I assume we all agree his actions would be wrong.

The arraction thing was aimed more at things like paedophillia, not homosexuality. Homosexuals don't offend me, not much does tbh, bigotry, prejudice and intolerance do but I like to think im none of those things.
But you said "could the same point not be argued for homosexuals?" So, it appears to me that the "attraction thing" is indeed aimed at homosexuality.
Audacity, my brother is openly gay, I love him. He has been with his boyfriend for over twenty years, I love him too. I defend his right to love whoever he wants but even he views his sexuality as "different" I am NOT putting down or belitting homosexuals, anymore than I would an atheist just because our views differ.
Please dont assume that because I am a Christian I judge anyone. The only person I judge is myself.
Nah. Right here you've judged my reaction to your post as putting down or belittling homosexuals. Everyone judges others, and being a Christian doesn't free them of it. Yourself included.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

Kurieuo wrote:Substitute "spiritual" with "psyche" if you prefer. Unless you don't believe in a psyche. In fact, are "we" really having this conversation? Is there even a conversation being had if a real "you" and a real "I" don't exist... y:-?
Why would I want to redefine a word you use so I could agree with your statement? No, your statement has to stand or fall on the words you use.