Is homosexuality harmful?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Is homosexuality harmful?

Post by RickD »

Audacity wrote:
RickD wrote:Audacity,

You're so good at ripping scripture out of context,
Moi? If there's there a context that changes the meaning please share. ......................................Nah, never mind. It isn't that important.
and just applying it to those who it was never intended for, that you could almost pass for a Christian.
No! No! No! y:O2
Proper context doesn't change the meaning. Your ripping it out of context, changes the meaning.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I hope you guys know he is having way more fun than you all are.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Hortator wrote:I hope you guys know he is having way more fun than you all are.
I doubt he's here for fun.

But regardless of the reason, he is interesting.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:

Audacity is here to make Nessa look smart, by comparison. :eugeek:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Audacity is here to make Nessa look smart, by comparison. :eugeek:
Start running rick

I give you a 5 second head start ..

:running:
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Audacity wrote: And what harm is that?
The most serious harm would be separation from God. Sin separates us from him.

That's not to say you can't be a struggling Christian battling sin though
So it's really of no more concern than any of the other sins:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Arrogance
Adultery
Blasphemy
Carnality
Wearing clothes of the opposite sex
Dressing immodestly
Condemnation
Boasting
Cursing
Deceit
Fornication
Despising one's neighbor
Drinking
Extortion
Faultfinding
Tattling
Foolishness
Fortune telling
Gambling
Denying Jesus
Mischief
Hate
Idolatry
Impudence
Killing a mother bird in the nest
Not being kind
Laziness
lying
Malice
Slander
Occult
Impatience
Tattoos
Rioting
Selfishness
Sex with a prostitute
Vanity
Witchcraft
etc.
etc.
Actually no, it isn't any greater.
Adultery, for example, would be a far worse sin.
See engaging in a homosexual act is a sin, much like any other sin really, BUT the reason it gets so much press is that homosexual don't want it to be a sin.
Truthfully, I've never seen such a reason ever given. In my opinion its popular because it's a safe sin to attack because it isn't applicable to the vast majority of finger pointers.

"As a lazy drinker who indulges himself in a bit of adultery let's not be too quick to condemn those of us best with these weaknesses. However, as a macho heterosexual I think homosexuals deserve to be sent to hell for their sin. ASAP!"
You don't see anyone arguing that adultery is a sin or that staling and lying and profanity are sins.
Do you see many homosexuals arguing that homosexuality is a sin? If anything I would imagine that those who care about sinning and such stuff would be arguing that it isn't a sin.
I'm getting a habit of interjecting to try to clarify between people... I think he meant no one's arguing about adultery etc. being sins - they're still generally accepted as such, even if most people would say 'wrong' rather than 'sin'. Gays, however, want their lifestyle to be accepted as totally unsinful.
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Arrogance
Adultery
Blasphemy
Carnality
Dressing immodestly
Condemnation
Boasting
Cursing
Deceit
Fornication
Despising one's neighbor
Drinking
Extortion
Faultfinding
Tattling
Foolishness
Fortune telling
Gambling
Denying Jesus
Mischief
Hate
Idolatry
Impudence
Not being kind
Laziness
lying
Malice
Slander
Occult
Impatience
Tattoos
Rioting
Selfishness
Sex with a prostitute
Vanity
Witchcraft
etc.
etc.
See engaging in a homosexual act is a sin, much like any other sin really, BUT the reason it gets so much press is that homosexual don't want it to be a sin.
Truthfully, I've never seen such a reason ever given. In my opinion its popular because it's a safe sin to attack because it isn't applicable to the vast majority of finger pointers.

"As a lazy drinker who indulges himself in a bit of adultery let's not be too quick to condemn those of us best with these weaknesses. However, as a macho heterosexual I think homosexuals deserve to be sent to hell for their sin. ASAP!"
You don't see anyone arguing that adultery is a sin or that staling and lying and profanity are sins.
Do you see many homosexuals arguing that homosexuality is a sin? If anything I would imagine that those who care about sinning and such stuff would be arguing that it isn't a sin.
I'm getting a habit of interjecting to try to clarify between people... I think he meant no one's arguing about adultery etc. being sins - they're still generally accepted as such, even if most people would say 'wrong' rather than 'sin'. Gays, however, want their lifestyle to be accepted as totally unsinful.
From what I've read of and heard from homosexuals few really care what people think of their sexual orientation, sin or no sin, as much as they simply want to be left alone, are respected as equals, and have the same rights as heterosexuals. That other people think they're sinning is of little consequence to most of them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audacity wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audacity wrote:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Arrogance
Adultery
Blasphemy
Carnality
Dressing immodestly
Condemnation
Boasting
Cursing
Deceit
Fornication
Despising one's neighbor
Drinking
Extortion
Faultfinding
Tattling
Foolishness
Fortune telling
Gambling
Denying Jesus
Mischief
Hate
Idolatry
Impudence
Not being kind
Laziness
lying
Malice
Slander
Occult
Impatience
Tattoos
Rioting
Selfishness
Sex with a prostitute
Vanity
Witchcraft
etc.
etc.

From what I've read of and heard from homosexuals few really care what people think of their sexual orientation, sin or no sin, as much as they simply want to be left alone, are respected as equals, and have the same rights as heterosexuals. That other people think they're sinning is of little consequence to most of them.

Are you for real? I would not have as much of a problem with homosexuality if they did not force it on us. They are not in Anyway being fair about it. They are forcing their lifestyle onto society whether it is good for it or not. They have an agenda and it is to try to force us to accommodate it. Also most gay people are mean people,like they are better than everybody else because they are gay. If they did not try to force it on us and just lived it out,nobody would pay much attention,but they flaunt it.

We know it is a sin whether they accept it or not and us just not letting them think it is not is just telling the truth. It would be like if Christians forced people to believe like Muslims,which we don't do and is anti a Christianity. The person must choose to believe by faith on their own or they cannot even get saved. They could never become a Christian if we forced people to be. Salvation does not work that way.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Are you for real? I would not have as much of a problem with homosexuality if they did not force it on us. They are not in Anyway being fair about it. They are forcing their lifestyle onto society whether it is good for it or not. They have an agenda and it is to try to force us to accommodate it. Also most gay people are mean people,like they are better than everybody else because they are gay. If they did not try to force it on us and just lived it out,nobody would pay much attention,but they flaunt it.

We know it is a sin whether they accept it or not and us just not letting them think it is not is just telling the truth. It would be like if Christians forced people to believe like Muslims,which we don't do and is anti a Christianity. The person must choose to believe by faith on their own or they cannot even get saved. They could never become a Christian if we forced people to be. Salvation does not work that way.
I agree with some of what acb has said.

Its not a simple matter of victims just wanting to be left alone to live their lives in peace.

Alot of it appears flaunted and 'in your face'. Gay parades are just one of the ways this is shown. It doesnt feel like its even just about equality but more about 'getting their own back' for being 'oppressed' for so long.

Someone doesnt want to bake a cake? Find someone who does. I mean not all hairdressers like to cut kids hair. I would much rather have one that doesn't mind. I'm paying for a cut and pleasant experience for my kids.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Thank you for sharing your paranoia.

Have a good day.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Nicki wrote:
Audacity wrote: Truthfully, I've never seen such a reason ever given. In my opinion its popular because it's a safe sin to attack because it isn't applicable to the vast majority of finger pointers.

I agree with some of what acb has said.

Its not a simple matter of victims just wanting to be left alone to live their lives in peace.

Alot of it appears flaunted and 'in your face'. Gay parades are just one of the ways this is shown. It doesnt feel like its even just about equality but more about 'getting their own back' for being 'oppressed' for so long.
Consider the Jews and how Christmas and all its attendant trappings could be a said to be a monumental flaunting of Christianity "in their face."--after all, one of the underlying messages of Christians is "We're right and if you're not one of us you're wrong." But the Jews don't complain because they put it in perspective. I suggest you try doing the same.
Someone doesnt want to bake a cake? Find someone who does. I mean not all hairdressers like to cut kids hair. I would much rather have one that doesn't mind. I'm paying for a cut and pleasant experience for my kids.
So the only fights worth fighting are the ones you approve of?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

The truth is the one thing worth flaunting.

And why is it a fight... It's not a fight unless you make it one.

Why dig your toes in and force someone to provide you with a service they dont want to. Go elsewhere. Its not a situation where no bakers will bake the cake. Just as there will always be some hairdressers who love to cut kids hair.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audacity wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Audacity wrote: And what harm is that?

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Arrogance
Adultery
Blasphemy
Carnality
Dressing immodestly
Condemnation
Boasting
Cursing
Deceit
Fornication
Despising one's neighbor
Drinking
Extortion
Faultfinding
Tattling
Foolishness
Fortune telling
Gambling
Denying Jesus
Mischief
Hate
Idolatry
Impudence
Not being kind
Laziness
lying
Malice
Slander
Occult
Impatience
Tattoos
Rioting
Selfishness
Sex with a prostitute
Vanity
Witchcraft
etc.
etc.

I really don't think that you understood what I said.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Consider the Jews and how Christmas and all its attendant trappings could be a said to be a monumental flaunting of Christianity "in their face."--after all, one of the underlying messages of Christians is "We're right and if you're not one of us you're wrong." But the Jews don't complain because they put it in perspective. I suggest you try doing the same.
yeah, only religious people do that...
LMAO
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nessa: Why dig your toes in and force someone to provide you with a service they dont want to. Go elsewhere. Its not a situation where no bakers will bake the cake. Just as there will always be some hairdressers who love to cut kids hair.
Cause for such gay people, suing and lawyering up, etc, it was NEVER just about the cake or haircut! It's about trying to force their moral sensibilities down the throats of those who have different values and beliefs. And to use the force of law and great financial harm in an agenda-laden attempt to taint, humiliate, and ruin those that have not harmed THEM, but when often they have merely refused some aspect of providing service, based upon their personal moral beliefs. Additionally, such militant gays want to bring a sense of societal legitimacy and normality to their own lifestyle and moral sensibilities via the force of the law and intense financial pressure.

Businesses often offer X number of services per how they choose to run their own businesses. No, they should not be allowed to refuse service to anyone merely based upon race, religion, or orientation. But nor should they be forced to offer any unlimited number of nuances of service just because a potential client desires it. Business owners don't have rights???!!! And various courts are applying agenda-sympathetic rulings to such moral-based refusals that they inconsistently do not ALSO apply to all manner of other types of service requests that are routinely denied almost universally across all business types. But tie that denial to a moral issue and suddenly it's a a sueable outrage for the courts to remedy???!!!