Topic split from Gay marriage thread

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Invited to a gay "wedding". Do you go?

Post by Audie »

Not so long ago if a Celestial such as myself made bold to try to marry
a White man, that would have been a "marriage", illegal and no doubt immoral.

Let me guess if might have been "Christians" who were behind that.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Invited to a gay "wedding". Do you go?

Post by Philip »

Audie: Not so long ago if a Celestial such as myself made bold to try to marry
a White man, that would have been a "marriage", illegal and no doubt immoral.

Let me guess if might have been "Christians" who were behind that.
Audie, you were right to put quotation marks around the word "Christians." What does the above matter one bit? To GOD, one person of any given race is not considered any different than any other. Might I remind you that we are all of mixed race. Purity of race does not exist! Physical characteristics are what people typically assert to be race. The U.S. president - is he BLACK? Physically, yes. But his BLOOD has as much white lineage as black. And he's a "mutt," just like we all are. You know better: Just because some "Christians" did this or that, has nothing at all to do with how God perceives us, or how He has instructed we are to live.

Romans 10: 12 "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him."

God ultimately cares about ONE race He singles out: The HUMAN one! But He does instruct His followers to ONLY marry likewise.

Note that Moses himself took an Ethiopian wife - which his sister and brother did not like. Moses' new wife was, by all likelihood, black. His siblings responded with apparent racist attitudes, which God did not take kindly to (see Numbers 12). But just because God blesses and sees perfectly fine believers marrying interracially, He warns against believers marrying unbelievers. And one cannot equate homosexual marriages - which God sees as an abomination - with whatever some supposed "Christians" views are on intermarriage and race. Note also how the Jews were rebuked by Jesus in their racist attitudes toward mixed-race Samaritans. He even uses a righteous Samaritan vs. the "good" Jews ignoring the injured, beaten man, while the Samaritan shows great compassion. God hates racism! And they typically hate what God has created (Race!).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Topic split from Gay marriage thread

Post by RickD »

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audacity
BANNED

Re: Topic split from Gay marriage thread

Post by Audacity »

......Two ladies.

............Was invited.

..................Went.

........................Interesting.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

I thought this topic schism was a good idea. Audie is hardly an outsider to this community; she has much to offer.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:I thought this topic schism was a good idea. Audie is hardly an outsider to this community; she has much to offer.
Yes. Audie always gives an interesting perspective.

And it's always a challenge trying to understand what exactly she's trying to say. :poke:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And it's always a challenge trying to understand what exactly she's trying to say. :poke:
That's just because her response is, often, ultimately, metaphysical in nature - which is odd for a scientific rationalist. :lol:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Philip wrote:
That's just because her response is, often, ultimately, metaphysical in nature - which is odd for a scientific rationalist. :lol:
"They all look like nails" quoth the hammer.

Or does that go over your head too?

Perhaps you've an advanced case. See Thurber cartoons in g images, the one with the lady talking to a large rabbit.

If you dont get it, someone will explain.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
Philip wrote:

Perhaps you've an advanced case. See Thurber cartoons in g images, the one with the lady talking to a large rabbit.

What Audie means is that some work requires a cordless screwdriver. When Audie encounters those problems, she realizes that her hammer won't hammer screws. So, instead of using a screwdriver, she just walks off the job site.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Philip wrote:

What Audie means is that some work requires a cordless screwdriver. When Audie encounters those problems, she realizes that her hammer won't hammer screws. So, instead of using a screwdriver, she just walks off the job site.
We have a couple of people here that I find odious and whose existence I decline to acknowledge.
Im sure they know who they are. Whatever they may say will
never get a response. Is that something else hard to understandor in need of your interpretive skills?

Your making up something I dont mean and falsely representing
it is not amusing or respectable.

Paul may recall I dont run from a fight. What are you trying to do here?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

""They all look like nails" quoth the hammer. "
Which is not only NOT an explanation, scientific or otherwise, but it's as close as a non-theist can get to a rational explanation for the origins of things - with this being their answer, which is typically exposed after they exhaust themselves on pedantically explaining the minutia of how secondary processes supposedly worked. The "Hammer and Nails Theory." Ask them how the hammer and nails exist and you'll only receive more metaphysical mumbo-jumbo, insistent that some previously existing, non-physical "thing" or source, that either did or did not have great intelligence, is their source. So this "thing" was incredibly powerful, unfathomably intelligent, AND, in one moment, it made ALL elements and necessary processes, burst into existence, with incredible individual and collectively interactive y:-? precision, on scale we can scarcely comprehend? I see. But God couldn't exist? Hmmm. Because we can't see or hear Him. VERY interesting. And as nothing PHYSICALLY existed before the Big Bang - whatever the cause could be seen and heard because - uh, no, it couldn't have - wasn't physical. y:-? I see. y#-o Hammer and Nails. Wow.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Philip wrote:

We have a couple of people here that I find odious and whose existence I decline to acknowledge.
never get a response. Is that something else hard to understandor in need of your interpretive skills?

Audie my dear,

I'm poking fun at you. Stop sounding like a bent nail. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Philip wrote:

Audie my dear,

I'm poking fun at you. Stop sounding like a bent nail. :mrgreen:

I know you were poking. Poke cactus, get stickers.

What does a bent nail sound likd? Prease attach recording.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Audie wrote:We have a couple of people here that I find odious and whose existence I decline to acknowledge.
But what about gay self-indulgent people? y:-?
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

IceMobster wrote:
Audie wrote:We have a couple of people here that I find odious and whose existence I decline to acknowledge.
But what about gay self-indulgent people? y:-?
Self- indulgence is about doing what isn't right, because one happend tofeel
like doing it.

I suppose to a putative Christian that takes in all gay people.