Nudity and nudist camps

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Nudity and nudist camps

Post by Audacity »

Kurieuo wrote: Morally, it's hard to pin what exactly is wrong.
Except that lustful thoughts could occur, even in the best of us.
I've been told that this might occur at first, but soon disappears, and any male physical response is very much frowned upon. So much so that one is expected to "take care of it" or leave. They said that because nudity is the norm it looses its allure quite quickly. But I don't know if this is really good or not. Right now I enjoy the nudity and partial nudity of an attractive woman.
Would you mind if someone lusted over your significant other?
Or if your SO had thoughts of someone else?

No more so than if both were clothed. And as I understand it, any untoward behavior is strictly verboten.
Why is your sister conscious to others when naked? Perhaps, she doesn't want them gawking perhaps, in addition to likely not wanting to offend.
Not understanding your use of "conscious to" here. I do know that she's very mindful of the sensibilities of others, and would never want to offend.

Certainly not normal for sure. But she doesn't see anything wrong with it, and I've come to the same conclusion. To me her naked body is no more interesting than any of the clothes she wears. But why do you find her walking around naked in front of me to be seriously wrong?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote:
That's just not normal, one's sister walking around naked in front of a male sibling. There's something seriously wrong with that.

Audacity wrote:
Certainly not normal for sure. But she doesn't see anything wrong with it, and I've come to the same conclusion. To me her naked body is no more interesting than any of the clothes she wears. But why do you find her walking around naked in front of me to be seriously wrong?
If it's not obvious why it is inappropriate for a grown sister to walk around naked in front of her brother, then I just don't know what to tell you.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

I don't know how keen your SO is for it, but if there is a possibility, I'd tell her we should not go. I mean, what positive thing can you get from such a meeting? Right, ending the matter, but there is a (high?) possibility the matter won't end since your sister is in it that much (and even hopes you change your mind).
Ask her if you didn't already. What positive outcomes is she expecting from this which you can not do fully clothed?
Also, I wouldn't do it for another reason: seeing nudity between a woman and a man (a (married) couple) as something intimate, private, not required to be shown to everyone. But that is just my opinion.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by Audie »

Audacity wrote:One of my sisters loves being naked. She will often spend all day at home in the nude. She lives in the country and her home is well fenced so she doesn't hesitate to go outside in the buff, working in her garden or whatever. Her husband could best be described as ambivalent, only sometimes going naked. From time to time their two children will run around without clothes, but mostly outside in the summer. When it comes to visitors she's very discrete, checking to see who's at the door before opening it. She never bothers to dress when I come over. Initially, I found this slightly embarrassing, but now it's just a ho-hum, no big deal. The two of them have also belonged to a nudist camp for some years, and from time to time have invited my significant other and me to check it out (we wouldn't have to disrobe for the visit). My SO is interested, and has, in fact, gone topless in our home when the summer days get real hot. This is fine with me, but going to a nudist camp is a whole different thing. I have no body image hang up, but the idea of being naked in front of others is a bit daunting. I was brought up believing one never exposed themselves in "public" or to the opposite sex. However, to put an end to their invitations and the prodding of my SO, I've considered visiting the camp this spring. Their hope of course is that I will change my mind. My hope is that it will be the end of the matter. However, their rational for going nude is beginning to make some sense, and I'm wondering if I should stick to my guns or visit with an open mind.

Considering how my SO feels, where should I be putting my priorities? What would you do?

I like to do housework in the nude, which I guess is actually fairly common.
Dancing with the vacuum cleaner.. :D But then, I live alone, I'd not be comfortable
with an audience.

One time in California, I was talked into going to a nude beach. That was really a fiasco.
because I hate getting in the sun. It took me more than a year to lose the tan, and that was from maybe a half hour before I retreated to the car.

I suppose whether nudity is "right' for a person depends just on how you feel.
Maybe it feels foolish, or pointless. Or maybe it can give a sense of freedom some way.

I dont see anything wrong with experimenting, its not like you'd be doing something
that would really change you, the way doing something immoral would.

To me, going to a "camp' so people can go around naked sounds kind of silly.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

There is really only one major problem with nudists:

They tend to be people that you DON'T want to see naked !
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:There is really only one major problem with nudists:

Oh-My -God. BW and I liked the same thing.

This is sick.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Hmm... now I have a completely different picture in my mind of Audacity who's considering joining such. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:

Hmm... now I have a completely different picture in my mind of Audacity who's considering joining such. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

RickD wrote:
RickD wrote:
That's just not normal, one's sister walking around naked in front of a male sibling. There's something seriously wrong with that.

Audacity wrote:
If it's not obvious why it is inappropriate for a grown sister to walk around naked in front of her brother, then I just don't know what to tell you.
I'll take your inability to explain as a sign that your objection is not based on reason, but a purely personal distaste on your part.

IceMobster wrote: I don't know how keen your SO is for it, but if there is a possibility, I'd tell her we should not go.

There's always that possibility, but I've pretty much made up my mind to visit the place. My question is whether or not to go with an open mind. Would it be worth my time to mull it over and give it due consideration, or simply reject it out of hand? Thinking about it, even if I did go with the intent of rejecting it I'd most likely unconsciously start weighing the pros and cons. Or maybe even consciously.
Ask her if you didn't already. What positive outcomes is she expecting from this which you can not do fully clothed?
As its been explained to me, one doesn't do anything much differently, but by going nude one becomes more accepting of one's flaws, it's fun not to be encumbered by clothing, and it gives one a sense of liberation (these are some of the reasons my sister has given me). The one thing I can say for the nudist camp is that it appears to be fun. At least my sister and her family, particularly the kids, really enjoy going.
PaulSacramento wrote: There is really only one major problem with nudists:
Yeah, that might be a turn off; however, my brother-in-law says one gets over these kinds of judgements pretty quickly, and is, in fact, one of the benefits of going to a nudist camp; it tends to rid a person of superficial judgments. One becomes more accepting of others.

Last edited by Audacity on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

Kurieuo wrote:

And as it currently stands I'm not at all crazy about others seeing me in the buff, and I've got a great physique. y:p

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

And as it currently stands I'm not at all crazy about others seeing me in the buff, and I've got a great physique. y:p

absolutely nowt wrong with being naked.
especially in front of God.
the emperors new clothes.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Storyteller wrote:
Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

absolutely nowt wrong with being naked.
especially in front of God.
the emperors new clothes.
Well you do it all the time for Rick don't you ST, is he still in your closet? ;)

You're probably just wanting Audacity to share some photos if he goes camping. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Audacity wrote:.
So, how was it? :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

I've been jnvited to go to a nude beach with other students but the last thing
I want is overall or any other kind of suntan.

Also it seems embarrassing. Like, you see the same people in class or something.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Adam and Eve started out their existence in the nude and it didn't bother them Until they disobeyed God. The ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil and Immediately they saw their nakedness and covered themselves.
A nudist camp? For worshiping God? I don't think so. Nudity is a special thing for married couples to enjoy each other. In private.
Going to a nude beach? NO -- an all-over suntan wouldn't be one of my biggest concerns. There are guys there with live / active Hormones. And probably alcohol and drugs available. A great recipe For..........
And the idea of older siblings seeing each other in the nude -- No. There is More of a Need to be taught Modesty.