Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Nessa »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Tell me Nessa why I should believe anything you say or do is from Christ, or for that matter anyone here. You guys make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, you try to tear down people instead of the argument.

For example.
I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under a bridge in Toowoomba like FL says...
Now you can say I am thin skinned, emotional, angry, upset, sleeping with the enemy and all manner of things, but you lose my respect and respect for anything you have to say and I would imagine all the people reading this would be similar. They would see the way you all act and think that Christians are evil, and I would not blame them from thinking such things.

Of course I am not saying I am perfect, I react to things people say sometimes, but I do my best to engage the arguments and not make it personal.

So I am finding it very hard to take anything you say with any seriousness at this point in time, as far as I am concerned you are just one of them.
Oh plu-lease!

Pot, kettle, black.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Tell me Nessa why I should believe anything you say or do is from Christ, or for that matter anyone here. You guys make personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you, you try to tear down people instead of the argument.

For example.
I guess I better not ask him if he really lives in a box under a bridge in Toowoomba like FL says...
Now you can say I am thin skinned, emotional, angry, upset, sleeping with the enemy and all manner of things, but you lose my respect and respect for anything you have to say and I would imagine all the people reading this would be similar. They would see the way you all act and think that Christians are evil, and I would not blame them from thinking such things.

Of course I am not saying I am perfect, I react to things people say sometimes, but I do my best to engage the arguments and not make it personal.

So I am finding it very hard to take anything you say with any seriousness at this point in time, as far as I am concerned you are just one of them.
Oh plu-lease!

Pot, kettle, black.
Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't perfect?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

This article is interesting. Even a gay activist understands the facts:
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/mark-judge/ ... nt-use-gay
The law suit against the bakery was well-intended. It sought to challenge homophobia. But it was a step too far. It pains me to say this, as a long-time supporter of the struggle for LGBT equality in Northern Ireland, where same-sex marriage and gay blood donors remain banned. The equality laws are intended to protect people against discrimination. A business providing a public service has a legal duty to do so without discrimination based on race, gender, faith and sexuality.

However, the court erred by ruling that Lee was discriminated against because of his sexual orientation and political opinions.

His cake request was refused not because he was gay, but because of the message he asked for. There is no evidence that his sexuality was the reason Ashers declined his order….
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

If assembling of Christians was banned like in Rome of old, and as is the case in some countries around the world unless one subscribes to a nationalistic form of Christianity, then well:
D220 wrote:You do the crime, you do the time.

What they are doing in my view is sinful and being held accountable to that is fair and just, just like I would view any other criminal activity.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:

For example.

Oh plu-lease!

Pot, kettle, black.
Then why should we listen to you?
Last edited by Nessa on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:If assembling of Christians was banned like in Rome of old, and as is the case in some countries around the world unless one subscribes to a nationalistic form of Christianity, then well:

What they are doing in my view is sinful and being held accountable to that is fair and just, just like I would view any other criminal activity.
Lemme get this straight...

It's a "criminal" activity, to refuse to bake a cake with a message that a baker finds offensive. And any baker who refuses to bake a cake with a message he finds offensive, should "do time".

I want everyone reading this, to really let that sink in.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

PaulSacramento wrote:Look at this situation:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.ca/2016/10/ ... chard.html

Here is a highly respected Christian scholar, Richard Swinburne, speaking about a clear-cut Christian view on homosexuality, one that everyone in the SCP knows he has, and see the drama?
What a joke SJWs are. Are you sure Jason Stanley isn't D220?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
Through the lens of Christ and not the law.
The lens of Christ?

I would say the lens of Truth. Tho Christ is also the Truth.
Semantics.
No, not if you try to tear Christ from the truth
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:

For example.

Oh plu-lease!

Pot, kettle, black.
Then why why should we listen to you?
I never said you should. The only person you should listen to is Christ Jesus and if you feel that is how you should conduct yourself and treat others then nothing I can say will persuede you differently and vice versa.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Again, Daniel avoids my questions of why He doesn't believe what Scripture teaches about homosexuality! Or how it teaches that we are not to be supportive or encouraging of beliefs that God warns against. Dan's more concerned about man's feelings than obeying God!

And we DO know what Jesus thought about the issue, because He and the Father think exactly the same. And what does Scripture say about the issue of homosexuality? One either believes it or they don't. Because the Scriptures are very clear/aren't ambiguous.
Rick: Lemme get this straight...

It's a "criminal" activity, to refuse to bake a cake with a message that a baker finds offensive. And any baker who refuses to bake a cake with a message he finds offensive, should "do time".
But if the CHRISTIAN is offended by the request, or severely punished monetarily, that's just fine. y:-? That's hypocritical thinking!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Nessa wrote:How do you personally distinguish between allowances for broken people in sin and compromising the truth?
Through the lens of Christ and not the law.
The lens of Christ?

I would say the lens of Truth. Tho Christ is also the Truth.
Semantics.
No, not if you try to tear Christ from the truth
Thank you for your kindness and compassion.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:If assembling of Christians was banned like in Rome of old, and as is the case in some countries around the world unless one subscribes to a nationalistic form of Christianity, then well:

I never said any of that, let that sink in, Rick just flat out lied. This is a misrepresentation of what I said and not actually what I said.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

I never said any of that, let that sink in, Rick just flat out lied. This is a misrepresentation of what I said and not actually what I said.
No Dan. It's a proper representation.

Take either instance, the one in Ireland, and the one in the US, and the fact that both cases have in common, is that the baker refused to bake a cake because of the message the customer wanted, and not because the customer was gay .

And you said that it was a crime, and they should do the time.

Nobody in either instance, discriminated based on the customer's sexual orientation.

You keep changing the facts. You are misrepresenting your Brothers and Sisters in Christ, by saying they discriminated based on the customer being gay.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Take either instance, the one in Ireland, and the one in the US, and the fact that both cases have in common, is that the baker refused to bake a cake because of the message the customer wanted, and not because the customer was gay .

Nobody in either instance, discriminated based on the customer's sexual orientation.

You keep changing the facts. You are misrepresenting your Brothers and Sisters in Christ, by saying they discriminated based on the customer being gay.

Yes they did discriminate based on sexual orientation, it's quite easy to figure out.

Scenario a) Sells wedding cake to hetero couple for hetero wedding

Scenario b) Doesn't sell wedding cake to gay couple for gay wedding

The only difference is the sexual orientation of the couples, therefore it is discrimination based on sexual orientation.

I have not changed any facts, the facts are they refuse service of a wedding cake based on that particular couples sexual orientation, anyone can see that is the case.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Yes they did discriminate based on sexual orientation, it's quite easy to figure out.

Scenario a) Sells wedding cake to hetero couple for hetero wedding

Scenario b) Doesn't sell wedding cake to gay couple for gay wedding

The only difference is the sexual orientation of the couples, therefore it is discrimination based on sexual orientation.

I have not changed any facts, the facts are they refuse service of a wedding cake based on that particular couples sexual orientation, anyone can see that is the case.
Dan,

You do realize that in the instance in Ireland, the cake baker didn't even know the customer's sexual orientation, don't you?

And no Dan, not everyone "sees that is the case". Even the gay activist in the link I posted here, doesn't miss the facts. So, not only are you misrepresenting them, you're also calling them liars for saying they weren't discriminating based on sexual orientation.

Where's your love and compassion now, Dan?

-Edward R Murrow