Federalist: "I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage"

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Federalist: "I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage"

Post by Jac3510 »

http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/28/im- ... -marriage/
Gay marriage has gone from unthinkable to reality in the blink of an eye. A recent Washington Post/ABC News poll shows that support for gay marriage is now at 61 percent—the highest it’s ever been. On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear arguments in the case that many court-watchers believe will deliver the final blow to those seeking to prevent the redefinition of marriage. By all measures, this fight is over. Gay marriage won.

As a 30-year-old gay man, one would expect me to be ecstatic. After all, I’m at that age where people tend to settle down and get married. And there is nothing in this world I want more than to be a father and raise a family. Yet I can’t seem to bring myself to celebrate the triumph of same-sex marriage. Deep down, I know that every American, gay or straight, has suffered a great loss because of this.
Outstanding article on why "gay marriage" is bad for society. Outstanding not so much for the depth, but because it actually sketches out on a popular level the basics of the argument (along with the religious freedom issues, not mentioned here) that we should have been making ten years ago and not the popular "but it's against the Bible!"
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Federalist: "I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage"

Post by 1over137 »

As article says: It's about children, not us.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart