five second rule

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

five second rule

Post by Audie »

Does the five second rule apply if nobody knows i dropped it?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: five second rule

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Does the five second rule apply if nobody knows i dropped it?
This, young lady is a matter of personal discretion... in my book, the harder the item that falls is, the better, more confident i felt about the 5 second rule... but things like pickles tomatoes, ice cream..etc ... :pound: :pound: :pound: ...not so much :crying: :shakehead:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

ok, yep this is ok....
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

no no on don't you do it... :pound: rules are rules ... :lol:
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Oh for goodness sakes...ok, ok I guess there are exceptions... :wave: (pretend that's a giant ice cream cone, not a dropped carrot nose...)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:Does the five second rule apply if nobody knows i dropped it?
Yes. Rules are rules. And you should do what's right, even if nobody is watching! ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:Does the five second rule apply if nobody knows i dropped it?
Yes. Rules are rules. And you should do what's right, even if nobody is watching! ;)
I absolutely agree y:^o y:^o y:^o

and 5 seconds? y#-o

Thought it was minutes y#-o y:O2
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Suppose you bring in the Christmas turkey, and just before getting to the table, it slides off onto the floor in full horrified view of all guests?

Declare dinner over, or, scoop it up and say, "Oh, its ok, I will just go back and get the other one."

Second Q, even harder:

WHAT do you say if, while carving the roast mallard at a fine dinner, it slips off the plate and onto the lap of the lady guest of honour's chemise dress?

There is only one correct line. Few men would think of it in time, being possessed, as is their wont, of only staircase wit*, or as our French friends would phrase it, "spirit of the escalator".**

* if that

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27esprit_de_l%27escalier
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Audie wrote:Suppose you bring in the Christmas turkey, and just before getting to the table, it slides off onto the floor in full horrified view of all guests?

Declare dinner over, or, scoop it up and say, "Oh, its ok, I will just go back and get the other one."

Cry. Hard.
Audie wrote:Second Q, even harder:

WHAT do you say if, while carving the roast mallard at a fine dinner, it slips off the plate and onto the lap of the lady guest of honour's chemise dress?
Eat a mallard? y:O2 You're quackers.
There is only one correct line. Few men would think of it in time, being possessed, as is their wont, of only staircase wit*, or as our French friends would phrase it, "spirit of the escalator".**

* if that

[/quote]
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

sorry, quoting is difficukt, on kindle!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:sorry, quoting is difficukt, on kindle!
you didnt do well on the quiz anyway.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I never do y[-(

:crying: :crying: :crying:

I shall just go and sit in the corner :troll:
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Caution: Some foul language in this clip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg-csjbwo5s

I cannot stop laughing even after hearing that the 100th time . . . :pound:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:Suppose you bring in the Christmas turkey, and just before getting to the table, it slides off onto the floor in full horrified view of all guests?

Second Q, even harder:

* if that

If I dropped the turkey on the floor in front of everyone, the only proper thing to do is urinate on it in front of everyone. Urine kills all bacteria. Then it's safe to eat.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:

Second Q, even harder:

* if that

If I dropped the turkey on the floor in front of everyone, the only proper thing to do is urinate on it in front of everyone. Urine kills all bacteria. Then it's safe to eat.
BETTER NOT say what you'd do in the duck scenario.