five second rule

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: five second rule

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:Suppose you bring in the Christmas turkey, and just before getting to the table, it slides off onto the floor in full horrified view of all guests?

Declare dinner over, or, scoop it up and say, "Oh, its ok, I will just go back and get the other one."

Second Q, even harder:

WHAT do you say if, while carving the roast mallard at a fine dinner, it slips off the plate and onto the lap of the lady guest of honour's chemise dress?

There is only one correct line. Few men would think of it in time, being possessed, as is their wont, of only staircase wit*, or as our French friends would phrase it, "spirit of the escalator".**

* if that

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27esprit_de_l%27escalier
If I dropped the turkey on the floor in front of everyone, the only proper thing to do is urinate on it in front of everyone. Urine kills all bacteria. Then it's safe to eat.
BETTER NOT say what you'd do in the duck scenario.
I couldn't come up with an answer to that one. I don't know what chemise is.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:Suppose you bring in the Christmas turkey, and just before getting to the table, it slides off onto the floor in full horrified view of all guests?

Declare dinner over, or, scoop it up and say, "Oh, its ok, I will just go back and get the other one."

Second Q, even harder:

WHAT do you say if, while carving the roast mallard at a fine dinner, it slips off the plate and onto the lap of the lady guest of honour's chemise dress?

There is only one correct line. Few men would think of it in time, being possessed, as is their wont, of only staircase wit*, or as our French friends would phrase it, "spirit of the escalator".**

* if that

If I dropped the turkey on the floor in front of everyone, the only proper thing to do is urinate on it in front of everyone. Urine kills all bacteria. Then it's safe to eat.
You are French, and dont wear chemise????
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:

Second Q, even harder:

* if that

**//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27esprit_de_l%27escalier
You are French, and dont wear chemise????
French?!!? You called me French? I've never been so insulted! You're on my ig list!

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Audie wrote:You are French, and dont wear chemise????
SEE? She thinks you are French because you live in FLORIDA. What did I tell you about the ethnic cleansing in your state? All Florida south of Okeechobee has been taken over by foreigners.

Move north, gringo.

FL :guns:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Audie wrote:You are French, and dont wear chemise????
SEE? She thinks you are French because you live in FLORIDA. What did I tell you about the ethnic cleansing in your state? All Florida south of Okeechobee has been taken over by foreigners.

Move north, gringo.

FL :guns:
Oh nonsense, I recognize him as French; he has that certain Je ne sais quoi.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Audie wrote:Oh nonsense, I recognize him as French; he has that certain Je ne sais quoi.
Ricardo ain't no Frog. I have a Frogdar* and assure you of that. Anyway, Chinadoll, you're on my ig list.

FL y**==

Frogdar: Frog Radar...we need a French flag smiley.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Audie wrote:Oh nonsense, I recognize him as French; he has that certain Je ne sais quoi.
Ricardo ain't no Frog. I have a Frogdar* and assure you of that. Anyway, Chinadoll, you're on my ig list.

FL y**==

Frogdar: Frog Radar...we need a French flag smiley.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I would put the turkey back into stove
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

RickD wrote:

Second Q, even harder:

* if that

:pound: :pound: :pound: In for a penny....
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:I would put the turkey back into stove
What kind of woman doesn't know the difference between a stove and an oven? You need to spend more time in the kitchen!
:fryingpan: :fryingpan:

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:
1over137 wrote:I would put the turkey back into stove
What kind of woman doesn't know the difference between a stove and an oven? You need to spend more time in the kitchen!
:fryingpan: :fryingpan:
Actually, I do understand difference between sporák and rúra. Just had it mixed in English yesterday.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Silvertusk wrote:
RickD wrote:

Second Q, even harder:

* if that

:pound: :pound: :pound: In for a penny....
I laughed hard yesterday. I admit as well.

#foreverinmyheart