Those who never Heard the Message

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Those who never Heard the Message

Post by Storyteller »

Storyteller wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I think with regards to those that have never heard the Gospel we just have to trust that God knows what He is doing. God will always be just, will He not? It`s a tough one, and I`m not sure that anyone knows the answers apart from Him.
It is not a tough question! The Bible addresses this over and over and over again! Those who earnestly seek God will find Him. God promises that He will reveal Himself to seekers. Hebrews 11:6 is just one of many promises about such seekers.
Storyteller wrote:I completely agree, I have no idea how God will set those right. I just believe he will. That is my belief nothing else.
God sets those people right the same way He sets Old Testament saints right and newly regenerate saints right: through Jesus' atoning sacrifice.

None of this is really complicated! A simple reading of the Bible, along with faith that what you are reading is true, would put your mind at ease on this and many other topics.

FL :D
Sorry, mucked that right up!

So are you saying if someone truly seeks God they will hear the message?

And I didn't say the last bit, neo did.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Storyteller wrote:I think with regards to those that have never heard the Gospel we just have to trust that God knows what He is doing. God will always be just, will He not? It`s a tough one, and I`m not sure that anyone knows the answers apart from Him.
It is not a tough question! The Bible addresses this over and over and over again! Those who earnestly seek God will find Him. God promises that He will reveal Himself to seekers. Hebrews 11:6 is just one of many promises about such seekers.
Storyteller wrote:I completely agree, I have no idea how God will set those right. I just believe he will. That is my belief nothing else.
God sets those people right the same way He sets Old Testament saints right and newly regenerate saints right: through Jesus' atoning sacrifice.

None of this is really complicated! A simple reading of the Bible, along with faith that what you are reading is true, would put your mind at ease on this and many other topics.

Its not. But sometimes getting your point across is the hardest, sitting behind our keyboards, its very easy to misread each other. I am sure there will be lots to wonder and a lot understood when we actually get there with God in life eternal.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Storyteller wrote:So are you saying if someone truly seeks God they will hear the message?
No. I say nothing, and anything I say should be called into question because I am absolute scum born of sinful parents. The Bible says that those who earnestly seek God will be found by Him. That's an unrevokable promise from God :amen: .

Now, this question about "those who never heard the Message" keeps coming up in different forms now & then. In my opinion, it is asked either out of biblical illiteracy (which, honestly, is fine by me) or as a veiled attack by those who wish to discredit Scripture. Many people - including genuine regenerate Christians feel that "good" people of whatever faith must get a free pass into heaven. Sorry, but no person is good, not even one; only God is good and we need His righteousness to get into paradise. That's the way it works.
neo-x wrote:But sometimes getting your point across is the hardest, sitting behind our keyboards, its very easy to misread each other. I am sure there will be lots to wonder and a lot understood when we actually get there with God in life eternal
I think the problem most people have is that they don't understand that words typed on a screen do not represent the whole person typing them. This is a very stilted form of communication and little of our persona gets transmitted though the keyboard...very little.

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I know that all who seek God are found by Him. He found me.

Any questions I ask are because I don't know, because I have only just started studying the Bible, never to discredit it.

As for personalities shining through our posts, sometimes, I think they do. I agree that posts are sometimes misinterpreted but I like to think that no one here would hesitate in clarifying a post and we are all friends on here.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Storyteller wrote:I know that all who seek God are found by Him. He found me.
See?! I was an atheist and He found me. There are many stories of Muslims & Hindus who have found Jesus as well. But like it or not, If you die as a Muslim or a Hindu, you are toast.
Storyteller wrote:Any questions I ask are because I don't know, because I have only just started studying the Bible, never to discredit it.
I know that, sweetie.
Storyteller wrote:As for personalities shining through our posts, sometimes, I think they do. I agree that posts are sometimes misinterpreted but I like to think that no one here would hesitate in clarifying a post and we are all friends on here.
Uh...maybe. Most people seem to jump to conclusions quickly. From where I sit, that's what I see. I maintain that these are mostly the result of cultural misunderstandings. To wit: Americans y**== are very touchy about race, so any comment about race/ethnicity makes the hair on the back of their necks raise. It is fun to prick them on this subject...but I would never do that y:^o because I am very respectful of other peoples' sacred cows sensitivities.

FL :cheers:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

:fryingpan:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Of course the bible does also state that ONLY those that believe in Christ will be saved (from judgment) and only those that The Father allows to know the Son will be saved.
John 6:44
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

PaulSacramento wrote:Of course the bible does also state that ONLY those that believe in Christ will be saved (from judgment) and only those that The Father allows to know the Son will be saved.
So are there people He wouldn't allow? Does this fall into the knowing who will reject Him beforehand?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Storyteller wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Of course the bible does also state that ONLY those that believe in Christ will be saved (from judgment) and only those that The Father allows to know the Son will be saved.
So are there people He wouldn't allow? Does this fall into the knowing who will reject Him beforehand?
I believe so.
Others ( Calvinists for example) believe that God had pre-destined who will and who will not believe before they are even born.
I disagree of course.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
I believe so.
Others ( Calvinists for example) believe that God had pre-destined who will and who will not believe before they are even born.
I disagree of course.
I'm not sure that I'd agree God pre-determines who will believe in Him. Wouldn't that negate the notion of free will?
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Storyteller wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
I believe so.
I disagree of course.
I'm not sure that I'd agree God pre-determines who will believe in Him. Wouldn't that negate the notion of free will?
Yes, it would.
If God predestines those that will believe or not in Him then He is condemning innocents ( since they have yet to be born) to damnation with never having a choice in the matter.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Revelation 3:5
The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Psalm 69:28
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.

Truly one of the hardest of all in scripture to get my head around. I would prefer to think all names are written in the book and some just choose to scratch themselves out. y#-o
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

To blot out something is to cover/blot something that is already there.

Which means that the names were there.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Okay guys, bear with me here....

So, all names are in the book to start with.
We choose to blot them out.
Right, I get that bit.

So what about those who haven't heard? If they havent heard, then they wont know there is a choice, will they? So by default, their names must still be there.

Thoughts?
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Storyteller, read about this subject here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 22&t=36261