Favoritism And Sports...As Sons Of God

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
jcgood
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Favoritism And Sports...As Sons Of God

Post by jcgood »

...I have recently been attending High School Varsity basketball games. My friend's son is the Athletic director for the high school.

We only attend the Home games. At the first game I was very partisan....only cheering for "our side"...and thankfully..."our side" won the game....Yeah!!!!

But....at the next game....last Friday night ...I was in a very joyful spirit...and a different frame of mind.

I actually began to think...not as a partisan....as we are programmed by our culture...but....more like God....no respecter of persons...

So, ...I started clapping.....not just for "our side"....but for the other side as well....

And as I thought about it more...it dawned on me......this is simply ...basic practical Christianity

If I make a basket....It is good and worth applause.....no matter what side I am on.....

If I trained and practiced and prayed and attended...(sowed)...unto God....I would expect the reward of applause from all of God's people

..not just ...."our side"

This is the same principle that I use for political partisanship and zealous nationalism; also.....I think it is childish, divisive, and doesn't bode well for unity.

What do you think?
"The wise are those who utter words with respect to God's ears and eyes".. JC Goodman

The problem with a hypocrite...is that he doesn't know that he is one ...JC Goodman

"Whining and complaining about...the government...or being zealously partisan;
is actually and honestly..... a distrust in the sovereignty of God...JC Goodman