Atheist World View: Morality/Ethics

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Atheist World View: Morality/Ethics

Post by ChristYouKnowItAintEasy »

Sam1995 wrote:
Jesus is the path between man and God, not religion. Jesus is the mediator. Religion can lead someone to the devil because they ca fall into the wrong religion (although this is subjective and is my opinion), but also my opinion is that Jesus leads one to God, not to anything else.
Well i won't argue on this with you; like you say it all depends on how we see it. A lot of Jesus followers killed a lot of people thinking they where following His path.
Sam1995 wrote:Jesus leads one to God...
Hummmm you would have to bring more precision on that, if you please. What about babies, people that never heard of Jesus or the Bible in their life? Is what we call Holy Spirit reserved to the followers of Jesus? John 14:25-28
The best things in life...

...are not things.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

"ChristYouKnowItAintEasy" - you must be a Beatles fan...

Interesting - Beatles morality - how would one live up to that?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - too capitalist?

I am the Egg Man -- Whooow - how you live up to that?

We all live on a Yellow Submarine - Maoist since it is yellow or hindu - take your pick Tibet...

Imagine - nothing..

:cheers:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

B. W. wrote:"ChristYouKnowItAintEasy" - you must be a Beatles fan...

We all live on a Yellow Submarine - Maoist since it is yellow or hindu - take your pick Tibet...

Imagine - nothing..

-
-
-
Not really a fan but yes I do have a few albums and like to listen to their songs. I favor the second side of Let It Be.
Imagine is completely "Christian to me".

...are not things.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ChristYouKnowItAintEasy wrote:
B. W. wrote:"ChristYouKnowItAintEasy" - you must be a Beatles fan...

Imagine - nothing..

-
-
-
Not really a fan but yes I do have a few albums and like to listen to their songs. I favor the second side of Let It Be.
Imagine is completely "Christian to me".
Well take what you have of the Beatles and post the moral view of the songs...

Might be interesting to do...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Sam1995
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

ChristYouKnowItAintEasy wrote:
Sam1995 wrote:
Jesus is the path between man and God, not religion. Jesus is the mediator. Religion can lead someone to the devil because they ca fall into the wrong religion (although this is subjective and is my opinion), but also my opinion is that Jesus leads one to God, not to anything else.
Well i won't argue on this with you; like you say it all depends on how we see it. A lot of Jesus followers killed a lot of people thinking they where following His path.
Sam1995 wrote:Jesus leads one to God...
Hummmm you would have to bring more precision on that, if you please. What about babies, people that never heard of Jesus or the Bible in their life? Is what we call Holy Spirit reserved to the followers of Jesus? John 14:25-28
Yeah, it does again depend on how we see it my friend! I'm not sure about your point about people killing in the name of Jesus, I would respond by saying that, if they knew anything about Jesus then they would not commit such acts.

IMO, by the grace of God, babies go to heaven. What do you mean by saying that the HS is reserved for the followers of Jesus? The HS is clearly working in the world today but if Jesus had not came into the world and proclaimed that it come after his death, it would not be here today. We have the HS because we do not have a living, breathing Jesus beside all of us every single day. The HS is better than Jesus in his own words.

SB
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

I understand and agree SB and thanks for your message. Lately I have asked to understand the "Holy Spirit" and the place it has to have; because things where not clear in my mind. I am the logical type.

My friend who was 85 years of age died last year. He has been raised as a "catholic" and went to church all his life. He went to church because it was a way to remind him about God but also to chat with his friends and relatives. Other than that he was the most simple spiritual person I've met in my life.

He was born in a village close to the border of United-States' Main called Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce (blink to FL); a very catholic priesthood like many here in Eastern Canada. I attended the funerals and went to the catholic church ceremony. I had not been in a catholic ceremony for many years so I observed what was going on and specially what the priest was doing. Many rituals I have to admit. One of them is the sign of the cross that ends with the short phrase "and the Holy Spirit" (the whole phrase is "To the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" that people recites while making a design of a cross with one of their hand.

This is where I asked about the "Holy Spirit". And my answer came by searching the correct passage while responding to you last friday in: John 14:25-28

It says the "Helper" - whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

I think while Fernand my friend was doing his sign of the cross, he knew it, within.

...are not things.
Sam1995
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Sam1995 »

It says the "Helper" - whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Exactly, that's what the HS is my friend! Therefore, how can the HS help those who don't think it exists? That's why when you asked if it was reserved for followers of Jesus I was slightly confused lol!

SB :ebiggrin:
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
ChristYouKnowItAintEasy
Familiar Member

Sam1995 wrote:
Exactly, that's what the HS is my friend! Therefore, how can the HS help those who don't think it exists? That's why when you asked if it was reserved for followers of Jesus I was slightly confused lol!

SB :ebiggrin:

...are not things.