Salvia

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Salvia

Post by Murray »

Personally I have no issue with proper use of salvia for religious reasons (which at this point is its the most common use). It's mainly used by christians in mexico and they view it as a gift from god. Currently it's still legal in most states, But of course the idiots who live here want to get " a crazy trip manna" so they abuse the hell out of it.

Proper salvia use seems like an understandable thing, kind of like native american churches use of peyote; so I was wondering does anybody have a strong opinion for or against proper responsible salvia use?

Little snippet from an article I read on it

"Mazatec shamans have a long and continuous tradition of religious use of Salvia divinorum, using it to facilitate visionary states of consciousness during spiritual healing sessions. Most of the plant's local common names allude to the Mazatec belief that the plant is an incarnation of the Virgin Mary, with its ritual use also invoking that relationship. Its chief active psychoactive constituent is a structurally unique diterpenoid called salvinorin A, a potent κ-opioid and D2 receptor agonist. Salvia divinorum is generally understood to be of low toxicity (high LD50) and low addictive potential since it is a κ-opioid agonist."
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Salvia

Post by Proinsias »

A strong opinion on saliva is not something I've come across. I think the law is fairly lax on it as it seems pretty harmless and very few people regularly indulge. I reckon many people buy it expecting to get legal lsd or mushrooms, they don't.
Last edited by Proinsias on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Yaoh mon! I's a rasta mon an needs me ganja...gimme de big reefer mon! I's big pious mon!

FL y8-X
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Yaoh mon! I's a rasta mon an needs me ganja...gimme de big reefer mon! I's big pious mon!

FL y8-X
+1