L&T

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

L&T

Post by goldmoor »

own this forum i hear a lot and how love isn't tolorance however i honesty don't know the difference i don't understrand how you can can love a person ,but not tolerate them or vice versa

please explain
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: L&T

Post by Ivellious »

I can see how you can tolerate someone without loving them (I imagine a sort of passive-aggressive attitude being taken in that circumstance).

Love without tolerance, at least in the Christian sense, is the idea that you love all of God's creation, even if you don't accept what they do. At least that's the way I see it.

Even in a non-Christian sense, I don't tolerate people who murder or rape, but I still love them as a person and I hope they can either get better, or something to that effect.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: L&T

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

You are mixing apples and oranges...

If you look up the dictionary definition of tolerance, you'll see that it has nothing to do with love (1Cor 13).

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +