wedding ring

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
jisabely
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

wedding ring

Post by jisabely »

Wearing a wedding ring on my left index finger after single? I am an older woman who is not planning on marrying again. I love the look of a wedding ring and would love to wear one on my left hand, that I have purchased myself. What do you ladies think about this?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: wedding ring

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I am not a lady but I feel there is nothing wrong with it, after all are you not married to Christ?

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

The marriage ring isn't really any big deal, in my opinion. It's traditional, but it's not typically (to my knowledge) a religious item or the like. If you want to wear jewelry, then I don't see any issue with that.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Nothing wrong with it at all. It sends a signal to men that they understand and it leaves you without having to explain things which are your business alone anyway. It's a cultural symbol not a moral issue.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

jisabely wrote:Wearing a wedding ring on my left index finger after single? I am an older woman who is not planning on marrying again. I love the look of a wedding ring and would love to wear one on my left hand, that I have purchased myself. What do you ladies think about this?
Not a lady, but, so long as its on the index finger of the left hand, then you arent being deceptive in any way by wearing it as such. Same for the middle finger or pinky finger . On the right hand, doesnt matter which finger.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.