Oral Sex...

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Oral Sex...

Post by Mastermind »

Does the Bible state if it's wrong or not? I would assume it is, but a friend of mine was asking, and I don't have a straight answer to give her.
Shirtless
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Shirtless »

Oral sex is never mentioned specifically...I kind of wondered how that one got started. It's probably just a great excuse for girls that don't want do it!

"No honey, not tonight; it's against my religion." 8)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

outside of marriage its obviously wrong and its done mainly among those who aren't married. In marriage I don't see anything wrong with it.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I agree with vvart. Additionally, rather than just see it as black and white, I think one needs to ask why so many young people feel the need to become so intimate with others. Is it just an uncontrollable sexual drive in a sexually conditioned society? Or could there be more to it on an emotional level?

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Shirtless
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Shirtless »

Paul's warnings against prostitution in my opinion is good advise. I'd rather be with someone who cares about me. But as far as young guys being so *ahem* restless, it's just a biological urge (with or without emotion).

I don't believe sex out of marriage is bad. I just don't think there's any biblical basis for it.

This is very important: think of sex as food; like a bowl of strawberries. Too much is bad, too little is bad, but the right amount is just what the body needs! Man can not live off bread alone, but he needs at least that!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Although some might find the suggestion scandalous or irreverent, I have read that some scholars believe Song of Songs 2:3 and 4:16 refer to oral sex. I honestly cannot say with any certainty that this so, but I would maintain that this book of the Bible does show that sex is more than copulation. In the Song of Songs, it is obvious these young lovers admire and take pleasure from all aspects of each others' bodies (the neck, hair, breasts, eyes, mouth, etc.)

I agree with vvart. Outside of marriage, no. Inside of marriage, I see nothing wrong with it. (Unless, of course, one partner finds it disagreeable, in which case their feelings should be respected.)
ochotseat

Re: Oral Sex...

Post by ochotseat »

Mastermind wrote:Does the Bible state if it's wrong or not? I would assume it is, but a friend of mine was asking, and I don't have a straight answer to give her.
I don't think it does, but then again, sodomy's defined as either anal or oral sex. I think the Bible is against anal sex though.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I don't believe sex out of marriage is bad. I just don't think there's any biblical basis for it.
I recall reading a verse that basically said that if you do it out of marriage, the next thing on your list will be MARRIAGE with that girl.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
I recall reading a verse that basically said that if you do it out of marriage, the next thing on your list will be MARRIAGE with that girl.
The Bible (and Torah) is very correct in stating that sex before marriage is wrong. Studies have shown that fornication leads to higher chances of stds, cheating, divorce, lack of respect for intimacy, and teenage pregnancy.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

ochotseat wrote:The Bible (and Torah) is very correct in stating that sex before marriage is wrong. Studies have shown that fornication leads to higher chances of stds, cheating, divorce, lack of respect for intimacy, and teenage pregnancy.
I believe it states prostituting yourself is wrong, although I've never come across a passage that clearly states sex outside of "marriage" (i.e., the official ceremony and document) is wrong. Rather it seems God sees a couple as united when they have sex, even if they're "technically" not married.

Kurieuo.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Kurieuo wrote:
ochotseat wrote:The Bible (and Torah) is very correct in stating that sex before marriage is wrong. Studies have shown that fornication leads to higher chances of stds, cheating, divorce, lack of respect for intimacy, and teenage pregnancy.
I believe it states prostituting yourself is wrong, although I've never come across a passage that clearly states sex outside of "marriage" (i.e., the official ceremony and document) is wrong. Rather it seems God sees a couple as united when they have sex, even if they're "technically" not married.

Kurieuo.
No, I think it does in the Old and New Testament (husband and wife becoming one body). Are you saying all the churches and ministers are wrong for promoting marital sex and lashing out against premarital relations? :roll:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

ochotseat wrote:No, I think it does in the Old and New Testament (husband and wife becoming one body). Are you saying all the churches and ministers are wrong for promoting marital sex and lashing out against premarital relations? :roll:
Well what is marriage if not ultimately the uniting between woman and man? The issue is not whether over marital sex being wrong, the issue is rather what really constitutes "marital" in God's eyes. I also wouldn't say all churches and ministers would agree on this issue.

Kurieuo.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Kurieuo wrote:
ochotseat wrote:No, I think it does in the Old and New Testament (husband and wife becoming one body). Are you saying all the churches and ministers are wrong for promoting marital sex and lashing out against premarital relations? :roll:
Well what is marriage if not ultimately the uniting between woman and man? The issue is not whether over marital sex being wrong, the issue is rather what really constitutes "marital" in God's eyes. I also wouldn't say all churches and ministers would agree on this issue.

Kurieuo.
Most do agree, and marriage is between a man and a woman in a tabernacle.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Adam and Eve must have committed fornication then.

Kurieuo.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

1 Cor 6:15-17
Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Genesis 2:24
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Eph 5:31
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."

Corinthians talks of one uniting themselves with a prostitute. "Uniting" is obviously a reference to uniting sexually with a prostitute. After uniting sexually, the two become one in body—our created design being fulfilled. For when God took out a portion of Adam's side to create Eve, Adam was less whole than what he was originally. And when Eve was given that portion, man then became dependant on woman in order to be completed.

This brings up a question, is not marriage the union of a husband with his wife? This union, according to God's Word, "generally" (but not necessarily) happens when a man is united sexually to a woman. Therefore the act of sex is the seal of marriage before God despite anything else. Once a couple have sex, they are in His eyes one unit yoked together.

Kurieuo.