Terrorist Attack: If you were President of the United States

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mastermind wrote:Islam has nothing to do with it. If Islam turned people into bloodsucking monsters, then how come I have muslim friends who are perfectly normal? If Islam hates Christians, how come they ALWAYS defend Christianity in internet discussions when angry atheists blame us for every one of Bush's moves? I may disagree with muslims on religious issues, but blaming Islam for the bad **** a minority did is no different than having atheists point out on how we killed a couple of million with the Inquisition.
I stand by my beliefs. I believe Islamic fundamentalist wish to rid the planet of all who do not convert to Islam. I know a Christian family who was forced to leave Egypt when they converted from Islam to Christianity for that reason. They were treated as second hand citizens and threatened with violence. They believed they would eventually be killed for leaving Islam and/or being Christians. So they packed their bags and came to the US.

I do not know why your muslim friends are normal. Perhaps they do not study the Qur'an very hard just as some who profess to be Christians do not study the Bible very hard. Down here in the Bible belt a very large portion of the population says they are Christian for various reasons. When you get right down to it they are not. They believe if they believe in a god they are Christians. They believe if they go to church they are Christians. They believe if their grandfather was a preacher they are a Christian. Just because they say they are does not mean they practice it. Perhaps you friends are in the minority population where they live and have no choice but to be peaceful. Why don't you ask them?

Are the muslims defending Christianity on message boards or are they defending the belief there is a supernatural being or god?
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

All the muslim families I know are normal too.
One should never mix extremists and normal people up.
The only reason we believe that most Muslims are extremists is because the extremist stands out the most and you never hear from the normal people. A lot like christianity really. A few extremists ruin it for the rest.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

vvart wrote:Ok the U.S. attacked Iraq based on false pretenses and it was a preemptive strike, meaning we attacked first. Since you can't prove to me Al quada was linked to Hussein, then we are actually the one's slapping the cheek.

Thinking someone might attack you in the future doesn't give you the right to go and disable them so that you don't have to worry about it.
It's essentially what the U.S. did with Iraq.
We attacked Iraq for several reasons; only one of which was WMDs. The administration believed Sadam and Iraq was a large supporter of Al Quada. I believe it. What proof would you need to believe it?

After saying all of that, I often wonder if it is our job to disarm other nations. We have nuclear weapons so what right do we have to tell other nations they cannot have them? Is it right for us to force Iraq to run a democracy? I honestly do not know. I struggle with that everyday.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Mastermind wrote:Islam has nothing to do with it. If Islam turned people into bloodsucking monsters, then how come I have muslim friends who are perfectly normal? If Islam hates Christians, how come they ALWAYS defend Christianity in internet discussions when angry atheists blame us for every one of Bush's moves? I may disagree with muslims on religious issues, but blaming Islam for the bad **** a minority did is no different than having atheists point out on how we killed a couple of million with the Inquisition.
Christians follow the word and laws of God.
The Inquisition was nothing to do with God. The was a denomination that twisted gods word for their own purposes. Why was it nothing to do with God? Because it ignored his two most important commandments, love God and love mankind. (mark 12:30-31)If we do not follow the path God provided for us then we do not represent God and we are not Christians.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Deborah wrote:All the muslim families I know are normal too.
The only reason we believe that most Muslims are extremists is because the extremist stands out the most and you never hear from the normal people. A lot like christianity really. A few extremists ruin it for the rest.
Deb, what did your muslim friends think about 9-11? What do they say about USA's war on terror? Do they speak out against the Islamic fundamentalists/militants?
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

sofalogic wrote:
Deborah wrote:All the muslim families I know are normal too.
Deb, what did your muslim friends think about 9-11? What do they say about USA's war on terror? Do they speak out against the Islamic fundamentalists/militants?
Yes they did. A lot of muslims spoke against it, including more than one religious leader from the middle east.

Remember the Religious leader who was killed in Iraq? Why because he spoke out against the terrorists, he was one who spoke out and told the world that a terrorist who commits suicide could never be a martyr because a martyr is innocent.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Wording of the relevant part of the war resolution.

" Whereas United Nations Security Council Resolution 678 authorizes the use of all necessary means to enforce United Nations Security Council Resolution 660 and subsequent relevant resolutions and to compel Iraq to cease certain activities that threaten international peace and security, including the development of weapons of mass destruction and refusal or obstruction of United Nations weapons inspections in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 687, repression of its civilian population in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 688, and threatening its neighbors or United Nations operations in Iraq in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 949;

Whereas Congress in the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102-1) has authorized the President "to use United States Armed Forces pursuant to United Nations Security Council Resolution 678 (1990) in order to achieve implementation of Security Council Resolutions 660, 661, 662, 664, 665, 666, 667, 669, 670, 674, and 677";

Whereas in December 1991, Congress expressed its sense that it "supports the use of all necessary means to achieve the goals of United Nations Security Council Resolution 687 as being consistent with the Authorization of Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution (Public Law 102-1)," that Iraq's repression of its civilian population violates United Nations Security Council Resolution 688 and "constitutes a continuing threat to the peace, security, and stability of the Persian Gulf region," and that Congress, "supports the use of all necessary means to achieve the goals of United Nations Security Council Resolution 688";

Whereas the Iraq Liberation Act (Public Law 105-338) expressed the sense of Congress that it should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove from power the current Iraqi regime and promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime; "

If the pretences were false, it was by the whole UN security council, not just the US.
Darwin_Rocks
Recognized Member

Post by Darwin_Rocks »

If I were the current president of the United States i'd kill myself so human kind would be better off.
August
Old School

Post by August »

If I were the current president of the United States i'd kill myself so human kind would be better off.
If you were and you did, you are right. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist...
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwin_Rocks
Recognized Member

Post by Darwin_Rocks »

Was that a dig against me or President Bush?

If it was a dig against me: [love you]

If it wasn't then thanks for laughing at my joke.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Are you President Bush?

Draw your own conclusions...
If it was a dig against me: [love you]
Swearing at me now, after I already apologised? I understood what you wanted to say, but the way you worded it was funny, like most of your other statements here.

Bush has done more good in this world than you, and for you to wish him dead shows your moral shallowness.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You guys are simply taking each others light humour way too seriously I think. Be cool... 8) :wink:

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

What a blantant display of mod abuse. I love it. :twisted: