Where would Jesus stand?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Shaohao
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Where would Jesus stand?

Post by Shaohao » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:58 am

Good day,
I would like to, perhaps, stick a stick in an anthill and ask quite an uncomfortable question. Where do you think Jesus would stand in all the protests that swipe through the world right now? I think that Jesus would stand with BLM protesters, that despite all he would stand with Polish women, with people defending the environment, with people protesting police brutality, with LGBTQ+ representation. Shoulder to shoulder with all of those that are mistreated. NOT with those that claim to be Christians because their actions are the total opposite of their words.

Philip
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 413 times
Been liked: 649 times

Re: Where would Jesus stand?

Post by Philip » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello, Shaohao, welcome to the forum!

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 574 times
Been liked: 312 times

Post by Nessa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Shaohao wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:58 am
Good day,
I would like to, perhaps, stick a stick in an anthill and ask quite an uncomfortable question. Where do you think Jesus would stand in all the protests that swipe through the world right now? I think that Jesus would stand with BLM protesters, that despite all he would stand with Polish women, with people defending the environment, with people protesting police brutality, with LGBTQ+ representation. Shoulder to shoulder with all of those that are mistreated. NOT with those that claim to be Christians because their actions are the total opposite of their words.
Are you meaning he would stand among them with a sign too? I am not so sure. And if he did, it might not be in the way you would imagine.

People assumed things about Jesus because he ate with sinners. Yes, he cares for the mistreated but his thoughts and ways are not the same as ours. I don't think it is so easy to just be sure what exactly Jesus would do or how he would act. We can know his character though.

RickD
Board Moderator
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1110 times

Post by RickD » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 am

Shaohao wrote:
Good day,
Let’s see...

Black Lives Matter is a racist movement, that according to their own website, is Marxist, and wants to destroy the nuclear family.

Polish women in Europe are protesting strict abortion laws. In other words, they’re protesting to make it easier to kill innocent unborn humans.

People “defending the environment” has become a political movement for many to become rich, at the expense of millions.

“Protesting police brutality” has turned into a movement to defund the police.

LGBTQ is a movement trying to legitimize every and any deviant sexual behavior.

So, tell me where you get the idea that the Jesus of the Bible, God incarnate, would stand with any of this nonsense.
These users liked this post by RickD:
Stu (Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:06 am)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Philip
Board Moderator

Post by Philip » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 am

Rick: So, tell me where you get the idea that the Jesus of the Bible, God incarnate, would stand with any of this nonsense.
Exactly - Rick's key words being, "the Jesus of the Bible." Instead, people love the idea of Jesus the Loving Savior but they don't like the Bible's teachings of Him likewise being a righteous judge who sternly warned about certain lifestyles and behaviors and told people to repent of them. And for many such people, they either don't know Scripture very well OR they only believe the parts of it they want to, having assigned the parts they find inconvenient or offensive to their sensibilities as either myth or simply made up. A view that is a slippery slope into catastrophe!

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Has liked: 648 times
Been liked: 665 times

Post by Kurieuo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Shaohao wrote:
Good day,
It's a matter of perception or perhaps indoctrination. Watch The Project?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 183 times

Post by DBowling » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:36 am

Some thoughts...

When Jesus came to Palestine in the first century he didn't stand with any of the pre-existing political entities.
He didn't stand with the isolationists (Essenes).
He didn't stand with the radicals seeking to free themselves from the tyranny of Rome (Zealots).
He didn't stand with the powerful religious elite (Pharisees and Sadducees).
However, Jesus brought together people from these group as his disciples.

Jesus had his own agenda, the Kingdom of God.
And Jesus knew that the Kingdom of God could not be achieved through any political group or movement, because it is a function of heart attitudes. And only God can change a heart of stone.

Jesus' manifesto is summarized in his famous Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-7.
And Jesus agenda in the Sermon on the Mount differs dramatically from the agenda of political entities in either the first century or the twenty-first century.

The question is not... who would Jesus stand with?
The real question is... who will stand with Jesus?
These users liked this post by DBowling:
Philip (Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:30 am)

Challenger007
Newbie Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Challenger007 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:12 am

Shaohao wrote:
Good day,
That's a very difficult question. It seems to me that abortion, violence should not be encouraged. But in the modern world we see something completely different. And each side considers itself to be right. Let's take the same issue of abortion. From a medical point of view, they are sometimes necessary. For example, pregnancy threatens a woman's life (there are such conditions). Also, I would forbid alcoholics and drug addicts to give birth to children, since children of such people do not see childhood, they are subjected to violence. I don’t think Jesus would approve of the suffering of innocent children for the sake of equal rights to have a child. Similarly, the use of force during active demonstrations and protests can be considered. On the one hand, people have the right to express their dissatisfaction, but if they express it in such a way that they damage someone else's property, spoil the monuments of history and culture, this should be suppressed.

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Stu » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:07 am

What Rick said.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Philip
Board Moderator

Post by Philip » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Challenger007: Also, I would forbid alcoholics and drug addicts to give birth to children, since children of such people do not see childhood, they are subjected to violence. Plus people can and do overcome their addictions!
Challenger, how do YOU know how such a child's life will be? You can't! And many people overcome tragic childhoods. But you appear to believe that WE have the right to UNNECESSARILY take a human life - which the Bible says God recognizes begins in the womb. It also tells us that only God has the right to unnecessarily take a life. So, why don't you believe what God, through Scripture, clearly teaches about this?