Wonderfully written and I couldn't agree more
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Discussion Guidelines

Post by PaulSacramento »

Lonewolf wrote:Neo, Paul, Dom, please, I'm new in this place, and I'm very sure that I am nowhere near all your level of scriptural learning, but I'd like to learn, and I do believe we can learn off each other., sometimes it is tough to get a point across without being misunderstood, or even without being rude or even taking offense in someway, but don't let that harden your hearts toward each other., lets take each others bullet points as a challenge to ourselves to be able to do our homework on the subject and say our individual prayers for guidance., One of the most beautiful things from God that I see in everyone, is that everyone is like a reflection of Him., everyone is their individual and yet be part of God, for we are not robots nor automatons, we are individuals, and what makes perfect sense to one individual may not necessarily make sense to the next individual. I grew up as a Catholic, not a church going Catholic, neither one who knew what Catholicism was all about. To me being Catholic was what my family was and what everybody else around me was., there was no other religion for me to ever be., to be a so called evangelical protestant was out of the question., Protestantism was for white folks, not for a brownie like me. When the Lord called me, I believed in a very simple message, and that is that He is who He says He is, the one who died for me, the one who cleanses me of my sins, and the one who rose up from the dead as proof that He will raise me up as well. I did not understand much of anything else, all these theological questions and different interpretations, they where unknown to me at the time., it is with the passage of time that as my faith is increased by Him, that I am called to a higher understanding of things, but that's not so that I quarrel or beat on a fellow disciple, no, far that be from me., it is so so that I can be a witness for Christ., of His power, of His Love, of the hope in Him to rescue us from this dreadful world we live in governed by injustice and evil doers., I learn -praise be to the Lord- so that I can become a better witness for Christ, and not so that I can become more engulfed with myself of with the learning itself., I have confessed before that I am not at all well versed in scripture, I do however fully believe that if I had all the knowledge in scripture and learned everything that is written from Genesis to Revelation, from the Torah, the Mishnah, the Talmud, or even the Cabala., secret texts, dead sea scrolls, apocrypha, and whatever else., if I became a learned scholar of all those and more, but I didn't have love, it would all be in vain and I would have learned nothing., so my fellow partners in Christ learning, please, I beg of you, be yourselves but be gentle and caring towards each other., have love for each other's enthusiasm toward Christ learning.
LW, Domenic posted certain things I pointed out that they were incorrect, NOT just from my POV or Orthodox teaching BUT simply incorrect because they didn't exist ( He mentioned that the true meaning of Genesis 4:1 was mis-written in the bible and that the real meaning was found in the dead sea scrolls and I pointed out that NO fragment of the DSS has ANY Genesis 4:1) to which he replied by stating that I am not using reason and whatnot.
I made him aware that was rude and inappropriate and having dealt with him on other threads and his inability to accept a different view point other than his own, I suggest to him that if he didn't like having his views tested and called out, then this MAY not be the best place for him. We do NOT tolerate rudeness and you will get warned and we WILL question teachings and view points that are not only unorthodox BUT have no weight behind them.
At no point did I put MY beliefs into the actual discussion OTHER than the belief that he was wrong because, as I mentioned above, his evidence simply did not exist.

Where was I abusing my status as a moderator?
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

I hear you Paul, I understand what you're saying. I read the same thing that you just stated, and I by no means am accusing you of abusing your mod status. I respect your learned input. I simply was trying to cool off things, that's all. Peace y)>-
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
LostTribesNotLost
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by LostTribesNotLost »

Why not just have a section in the forums dedicated to Atheism vs Christianity and leave it at that?
ultimate777
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Discussion Guidelines & Moderating Policy

Post by ultimate777 »

I used to post a lot to what I thought were called newsgroups, including a lot of stuff maybe not appropriate for Evidence for God from Science. What do you call EFGFS, a board, an internet board, what? Where can I find places that might want
what EFGFS doesn't?

Thankyou
truth
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by truth »

why god created hell
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Truth: why god created hell
Truth, that's a great question, Truth, but it should be posted in another forum. I'll re-post if for you - here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43449.