Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Guestbook On Your Profile

Post by Kurieuo »

In today's world, social networks and different methods of communication has become an expected norm.

So it makes sense online communities like G&S attempt to leverage such technologies. The idea being to facilitate online support for Christians apart of our online community who have similar interests.

In light of this, a new feature has been added to help members feel more involved. At the bottom of each member's profile link (for example, see mine at http://discussions.godandscience.org/me ... rofile&u=5 -- scroll down to the bottom to under "Guestbook: Kurieuo") there is a guestbook. Every member has one which any other member can contribute to.

Want relief from discussing some controversial topic, or need some lighter entertainment? Why not contribute directly to the guestbook of another member and have your own side conversations.

Also, if you were not aware, it is possible to add friends and foes under your user control panel.

These are some existing features that may help to build a stronger community, but I've got more ideas in the pipeline.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Guestbook On Your Profile

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:In today's world, social networks and different methods of communication has become an expected norm.

So it makes sense online communities like G&S attempt to leverage such technologies. The idea being to facilitate online support for Christians apart of our online community who have similar interests.

In light of this, a new feature has been added to help members feel more involved. At the bottom of each member's profile link (for example, see mine at http://discussions.godandscience.org/me ... rofile&u=5 -- scroll down to the bottom to under "Guestbook: Kurieuo") there is a guestbook. Every member has one which any other member can contribute to.

Want relief from discussing some controversial topic, or need some lighter entertainment? Why not contribute directly to the guestbook of another member and have your own side conversations.

Also, if you were not aware, it is possible to add friends and foes under your user control panel.

These are some existing features that may help to build a stronger community, but I've got more ideas in the pipeline.
Does this still exist?
Can't see it y:-?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nope, it was an older phpBB version and wasn't used.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I can't see it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Halsoft
Acquainted Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Halsoft »

You're not looking hard enough.
Luke 17:20-21