Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Board Re-install

Post by Kurieuo »

Some of you are probably wondering what happened the over a day ago with this board.

It was down due to maintenance as many of you now know. A full re-install of the board was required in order to begin adding further functionality some posters had desired. The previous board had been corrupted with certain board addons, and without getting more technical than I already have (yeah right!), the server is configured in such a way that file permission issues were blocking plugin installs/uninstallations. Hopefully this "clean" re-install should help matters.

Sadly, the re-install and manual removal of addons from the database did not go exactly as planned. I ended up having to manually restore a backup copy of the database. The database restore ended up being in a different encoding which now means certain characters such as special ones, apostrophes and the like did not carry through properly. If your user name is affected, please contact me with an alternative user name or a corrected version, and I will update it for you.

Secondly, the Absolution theme became corrupted. Due to the permission issues previously stated, the manual changes I had previously made were not actually being saved to the file system but rather stored in phpBB's caching. Rather than restyle the new non-standard templates, I copied the cached versions across. Sadly, functionality in the Absolution theme stopped working. As such I have now temporarily deactivated this theme so I can investigate, restyle and fix it as time allows.

Finally, if you notice any other glitches here and there, as I'm sure there might be, then please let me know and I will do my best to fix them as soon as possible.

Kurieuo
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Board Re-install

Post by BavarianWheels »

One issue/glitch. I have my inbox stuck telling me there are 2 new messages when there are none.

BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Nvm...I figured out my own stupidity. My inbox had the maximum 100 msgs and these two were "on hold".

Sorry. :)
Human
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Human »

"Fürstentum Liechtenstein"
:pound:
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Human wrote:"Fürstentum Liechtenstein"
:pound:
Hey FL how do you pronounce that? :lol:
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.