Important news and announcements
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Board upgrade and tips

Post by Kurieuo »

y/:) y[-( y*-:) y:-? y:^o y#-o y:-/ y:O2 y(:| y=P~ 8-}2 y=; y[-o< y>:D< y@};- y:(|) y@-) y;) y3:-O y:-s y/:)2 y~:> yX-(2 y:o) y:"> y:-$ y/:) y8-} y:>2 y:-& y:@) y>:) yX-( y=:) y:(( y[-X y~o) y:D yI-)2 y$-) y:-L y)>- yB-)2 y:p y>-) y:p2 y;;) y8-X y:-B yB-) y:-" y0:) y:(2 y:| y\:D/ y8-| y:O y**== y:( y:)) y:> t<):) y:* y:-/2 yp**== y(~~) y:">2 y:x y%%- yp(%) y=D> yI-) yb-( y:)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Wow! You have gone above and beyond! Outstanding!

y=D> y=D> y=D> :salute: :salute: :salute:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Great job K, Thanks. We can practically have a whole conversation now with only emoticons.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Hi Administrators.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a real-time messaging window on the site. Another site I go to has what they call a "shout box." It's at the top of their main board index page and people can have a real time conversation there. You can only get to it if you're a member, however. On a site like this, I suppose there could be a problem with spammers, but it would be fun and sociable otherwise (and prayer requests would probably increase). I've noticed that there are often people at the board reading, but not posting. So, just a thought and a suggestion. Thanks!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

A shout box can be added to the site for free. I know because I've added them before. A real good chat program though can cost $$.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

I still think it would be great to have instant messaging window for people to use who are currently logged in, if they want to participate. Shout Box, Live Multi-Chat, whatever you want to call it.

We could make it so that those in the newest member group could not use it (so newcomers who just want to sign up and be obnoxious, couldn't).

So would it cost here, Kurieou? Does Rich know? Is this why we don't have one?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I'll add it to my list of to-dos to add to the board as time allows. Shouldn't be too hard to find an addon.

There are actually several failed add-ons, which did not install/uninstall properly or which were buggy. One reason your/moderator names keep becoming unbold.

So a clean install of phpBB3 (this board application) is first on my list before adding anything further.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Kurieuo wrote:I'll add it to my list of to-dos to add to the board as time allows. Shouldn't be too hard to find an addon.

There are actually several failed add-ons, which did not install/uninstall properly or which were buggy. One reason your/moderator names keep becoming unbold.

So a clean install of phpBB3 (this board application) is first on my list before adding anything further.
:clap: You are way too smart! I was actually looking into getting into computer programing so I can get a good job (still trying to be an author but I want a regular job too) so any suggestions?
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Actually, I like the SkyBlue a bit better, only because it's less hard on the eyes. I don't remember seeing it before . . . though I checked out the options whenever I switched to Absolution. I like the symbols in Sky, the fact that there's less white, and I like the avatars on the left. It's more modern looking too, so maybe it should be our default??
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Been having some computer trouble and after running a few fixes (currently still doing that btw) the absolution style stopped working, it looks like a white page with the links in a list going down. So I am using the SkyBlue, which might I add, I like very much, it is much nicer! :D Still odd that absolution won't work for me now, lol.... hope I didn't screw anything up.....
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, so if it's not, I apologize. Could someone please tell me how to quote only certain lines in a post without quoting the entire post? Thank You
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

I'm sure there's more than two ways. You can click "quote" and you'll get all, of course. I do that sometimes, and then select the text I don't want and delete it. You can also select the text right from the post, copy it, then go to your reply window, click "quote", and then paste the text in there. Those are the things I do. You can also copy the text, paste it into your reply window, and then write the quote codes yourself, lol.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

cslewislover wrote:I'm sure there's more than two ways. You can click "quote" and you'll get all, of course. I do that sometimes, and then select the text I don't want and delete it. You can also select the text right from the post, copy it, then go to your reply window, click "quote", and then paste the text in there. Those are the things I do. You can also copy the text, paste it into your reply window, and then write the quote codes yourself, lol.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Just to let you all know, we'll be adding a new "announcement" at the beginning of each Forum. This announcement will contain links to articles at the main site that deal specifically with topics in that forum group. That way, they can be referred to quickly. Also, many who come to the forums may not even know about the main site; this way, they may have the chance to read relevant articles before making new threads.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:Just to let you all know, we'll be adding a new "announcement" at the beginning of each Forum. This announcement will contain links to articles at the main site that deal specifically with topics in that forum group. That way, they can be referred to quickly. Also, many who come to the forums may not even know about the main site; this way, they may have the chance to read relevant articles before making new threads.
:clap: y>:D< Great Idea! :heart: