New Moderator :)

Important news and announcements
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Very iambic, but it is quadrameter, not pentameter ...... ;)
I have the 'flu just now, and since Sunday week ago; I am running a fever and have a rather nasty cough. The fever may account for the wordsmithery, and the missing foot is not missing at all when recited by myself, each line prefixed with one iambic clearing of the throat.
Byblos wrote:LMAO! Walked right into this one, didn't I? I applaud you Judah and assure you, there's not a single poetic bone in my body.

*as Byblos kneels down and bows before the mighty kiwi in total admiration and to pledge allegiance *
Ah my dear friend, arise and stand firm as a Knight to battle with the foe, the evil forces of darkness, and ready your trusty sword, the byblos of Good News, to effect their sure destruction. Never again bow before another who is not your Lord (unless it is to ask your lady's hand in marriage) and take a moment to relax with one of those Michael Slade books that others on your thread persist in discussing by their inattentive mutterings.

'Tis the wee hours of the morning and I am back to bed...
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Judah,

Hope you feel better.

If I didn't think it would send you spiraling off into poetic purgatory, I'd venture some verse of my own .... but not now. ;)

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Judah wrote:and take a moment to relax with one of those Michael Slade books that others on your thread persist in discussing by their inattentive mutterings.
:lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Judah wrote:take a moment to relax with one of those Michael Slade books that others on your thread persist in discussing by their inattentive mutterings.
:lol:
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Ah yes, Canuckster, were you to share your poems it would undoubtedly set me off into rhyming iambic random-whatever-meter. Sometimes it comes too easily and has me fearing how I might answer for myself at the supermarket checkout counter. I have ink in my veins, half human and half squid according to my friends. Add a touch of fever and off I go for sure.

I could certainly do with feeling better, much much better, and hopefully a new bunch of antibiotics today will set me on that path.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Judah »

Byblos, come look to your two supporters here, caught redhanded and now full of giggles at their exposure. :roll:
What better company can you want than a couple of merry elves to relieve the tension on the battle field. Can you not see them organizing little groups of "ring-a-rosie" to have the baddies "all fall down" ?

And now I must leave you to your gallant exploits. Go well, new moderator. Wield your sword but keep your sense of humour uppermost.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:Man, they let anyone be a mod these days (just kidding, I swear).
Prophetic words from October 4th 2005. :lol: :shock:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:
LOLOLOL! How in God's name did you find that? I don't even remember who it was about. I guess you're right, prophetic words indeed. Histerical.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
FFC wrote:
LOLOLOL! How in God's name did you find that? I don't even remember who it was about. I guess you're right, prophetic words indeed. Histerical.
It was when August and Bizzt became moderators.

August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Prophetic words indeed. :)
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

I guess I showed up late for the party here... Since we were talking about superheros, I thought I would bring up the time I had to take on my arch-nemesis called "the Red".. It was such a historical event that they even published a book about it... I don't think I could top Captian Canuck though...
I only take on communists...

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Good Call FFC LOL :D
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

August wrote:Prophetic words indeed. :)
You know what they say about payback. I guess I deserved this one. :oops:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.