Search found 2034 matches

by cslewislover
Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:01 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

I thought it was interesting how you claim to be a critical thinker, and question why you believe. How can you not come to the conclusion that it is an accident of birth that you are a Christian and not a Muslim or Hindu or any one of the thousands of religions that have been concocted by the human...
by cslewislover
Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:18 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

Francis Collins? Yes I think I saw something on him once. "he's a theistic evolutionist, as are many scientists" This is a misuse of the word "many" I don't know the true figure but it is a very small percentage - like around 5%. But as soon as any scientist declares any religious beliefs they are ...
by cslewislover
Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:22 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

It appears that you have done some reading - but obviously not enough. Keep at it - the penny will drop eventually. You still don't quite understand how evolution works. But when you do you will realise that there is no way you can reconcile this knowlege with any religious ideas. I guess Francis C...
by cslewislover
Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:20 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: Question about Walter Brown's hydroplate theory...
Replies: 2
Views: 821

Re: Question about Walter Brown's hydroplate theory...

I don't know how good the science is in this, but this is a rebuttal by Glenn Morton to Walter Brown's theory.

http://www.answersincreation.org/walter ... theory.htm
by cslewislover
Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:58 am
Forum: The Bible and Scripture
Topic: Why is revelation so INSANE?
Replies: 10
Views: 2471

Re: Why is revelation so INSANE?

I arrived at my conclusion by simply reading it, looking for it. Finding out what scholars think. Although there are apparently many opinions about show name is worth 666. I think it is safe to just ignore the whole so called "revelation" as if it were a non-canon book, because lets face it, the wo...
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:25 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

Lol, you're not butting in. I thought I was kind-of talking to myself this afternoon. I don't know why dinosaurs were created. Maybe God liked to feel the earth shake every time one of the big ones walked around. Maybe He wanted us to have oil . . . "Consider plastic . . . ," He perhaps mused. Lol....
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm
Forum: Humor and Jokes
Topic: The ANTI-MEMBER Amongst Us
Replies: 13
Views: 3145

Re: PRAY ONLY TO GOD

Gabrielman wrote:
cslewislover wrote:
What is awry is the fact that you are now an "anti-member"!!!!!!!! :lol: "660" posts, LOL.
:shock: yeah.... that is scary! :twisted:
Image
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:55 pm
Forum: Humor and Jokes
Topic: The ANTI-MEMBER Amongst Us
Replies: 13
Views: 3145

Re: PRAY ONLY TO GOD

Gabrielman wrote:
cslewislover wrote:
CeT-To wrote::pound: This part of the forum got bombed hahahah
So you noticed it, huh?
Noticed what? What could possibly be awry? :lol:
What is awry is the fact that you are now an "anti-member"!!!!!!!! :lol: "660" posts, LOL.
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:51 pm
Forum: Humor and Jokes
Topic: The ANTI-MEMBER Amongst Us
Replies: 13
Views: 3145

Re: PRAY ONLY TO GOD

CeT-To wrote: :pound: This part of the forum got bombed hahahah
So you noticed it, huh?
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

Lol, you're not butting in. I thought I was kind-of talking to myself this afternoon. I don't know why dinosaurs were created. Maybe God liked to feel the earth shake every time one of the big ones walked around. Maybe He wanted us to have oil . . . "Consider plastic . . . ," He perhaps mused. Lol. ...
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 pm
Forum: Ministries and Missions
Topic: ZLM
Replies: 11
Views: 8430

Re: ZLM

jlay wrote:http://www.metroministries.org/

Board update must have problems. Can't use URL link or 'quote' etc.
jlay, would you want to start a thread on the above ministry? I didn't see that it was related to ZLM, but you can do a thread about it if you like.
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:05 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

Well, the species I'm thinking of, I remember an article talking about how they think they were basically human and assimilated into the regular human population. There is so much variation within humans, that this seems very likely. I mean, you can find humans today, I believe, that have at least a...
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:19 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

I totally agree with you that God is in it. Totally. I don't think that we evolved from an ape. I do think certain primates today had other animal ancestors in the past, just as Cromagnon man and Neanderthals were ancestorial humans. God placed us/them all here. Were Adam and Eve of that sect of hu...
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 am
Forum: Moral and Ethical Affairs
Topic: If you have to ask....
Replies: 26
Views: 5894

Re: If you have to ask....

Yeah, there are definitely a huge variety of video games. If we are going to spend a certain amount of our time "unwinding" through entertainment, choosing some difficult and more intellectual (and moral) video games - as opposed to watching tv or playing cards or something - can be the better choic...
by cslewislover
Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:23 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: evolution?
Replies: 58
Views: 9595

Re: evolution?

Clearly the animal adapts for finess, but isn't that "bettering" it? If the brain becomes larger and additionaly adaptations are formed, then one gains cognitive ability and is able to use more resources, food, protection, etc. In a way, Evolution is the act of bettering or maybe you prefer to use ...