Search found 7720 matches

by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:39 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

There have been many attempts to demonstrate the morals can evolve naturally, Sam Harris wrote a book on his theory on the matter. Issue is that there is no evidence to support that theory and far too many questions without answers. All cultures have there morals from a religious base that pre-dates...
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:31 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

Animals do NOT show a high sense of morality or any morality, they are not self-aware in a rational sense, in that way. They may demonstrate what WE PERCEIVE as morals but the only way an act is moral is if the thing doing the act KNOWS that it is good. One would have to prove conscious intent to do...
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

I claim that high morality is a heritage from animals and early humans that lived in groups where moral laws were necessary to be able to compete with other groups.


How did that come to be?
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:50 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale
Replies: 191
Views: 10945

Re: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale

This is the guy that ,when pointed out that Aquinas NEVER said that everything has cause, that he said that only things that are contingent ( need a cause to exist) have causes replied that, since everything is contingent then everything has a cause and that Aquinas means that and that, of course, l...
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

You do realize that it is a logical inconsistency to say that good is subjective BUT to disagree that "good" exist?

If you agree that good exists ( and you must for obvious reasons) then you agree that the comment, "there is such a thing as good", is valid, correct?
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:30 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale
Replies: 191
Views: 10945

Re: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale

Honestly, I don't think that when someone makes a statement like that (Since people without any religious affiliation represent a mere 16% of the entire global population, it is the other affiliated 84% of psychopaths, schizophrenics, sociopaths, that I would be worried about.), it speaks volumes. R...
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:19 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

It pains me when people don't know enough history to see the REAL danger of subjective morality and the "ends justifies the means" mentality. If morality is objective, thus subjective morality is only a hypothetical; history would be full of examples of Objective morality, not Subjective ...
by PaulSacramento
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:11 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

Ken: Thoughts do not exist, they are not real; they are just figments of our imaginations. *cough* self-refuting argument *cough* Right now I'm thinking about Santa Clause coming to town in about a week and a half. Are those thoughts real, or just a figment of my imagination? You don't get it do yo...
by PaulSacramento
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:36 pm
Forum: Politics and World Events
Topic: Progressive Globalism
Replies: 32
Views: 1280

Re: Progressive Globalism

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories, we don't need them since people are stupid enough. 1) I want to put an application on your phone that monitors where you are, where you go, who you call and text and sends that information to me so I can make money off of it and know where you are at all times ...
by PaulSacramento
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

Ken: Thoughts do not exist, they are not real; they are just figments of our imaginations.


*cough* self-refuting argument *cough*
by PaulSacramento
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 pm
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

Here is the rub: It is very easy for those living in western civilization with its established moral codes and laws based on the antiquated view that there was such a thing as good and bad. We can sit back an revel in our moral superiority that was instilled into us by people and society that came f...
by PaulSacramento
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:39 am
Forum: God and Science
Topic: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale
Replies: 191
Views: 10945

Re: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale

Since people without any religious affiliation represent a mere 16% of the entire global population, it is the other affiliated 84% of psychopaths, schizophrenics, sociopaths, that I would be worried about. Wow, enough said. 16% have no religious affiliation 84% are affiliated "psychopaths, sc...
by PaulSacramento
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 am
Forum: Philosophical Discussions
Topic: Morality
Replies: 283
Views: 17499

Re: Morality

It pains me when people don't know enough history to see the REAL danger of subjective morality and the "ends justifies the means" mentality.
by PaulSacramento
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale
Replies: 191
Views: 10945

Re: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale

Paul, I don't need to have a 100% understanding of Christianity, to be able to read english.


By the very same logic, our friend Abel, the proponent of the gap theory can say this:

I don't need to have a 100% understanding of evolution, to be able to read english
.
by PaulSacramento
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 pm
Forum: God and Science
Topic: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale
Replies: 191
Views: 10945

Re: The Truth Surrounding the Theory of Evolution and its Rationale

Your academic accreditations are irrelevant, One imagines the response if that comment was directed to a person with a masters degree in biology discussing evolution... Ah the sheer bias of it all...and he wonders why we take what he says with a grain of salt. Don, you have NOT demonstrated a desir...

Go to advanced search